OcuLink Expansion Bay Module

how can I cancel my order? My laptop is being returned so I will not have one of these laptops going forward. Therefore I will have no use for the parts I ordered when I first unboxed the laptop.

Send me an email (josh_cook@i2clabs.com.au) with either your order/receipt ID or the last 4 digits of the card you paid with and I’ll get the order cancelled.

Will the expansion bay be built with the M.2 slot being easily removable from outside? I think that would be very handy, being able to change cards in and out as needed.

1 Like

may I see how the module looks like?

1 Like

It’s the stock expansion bay shell - so no.

1 Like

No eta at all? Anytime between now, and years from now?

Maybe just a progress update then, if not an eta?

1 Like

Is the last status, but would also be interested to know what details you’re waiting for. Does the oculink functionality (minus M.2) work? Do you need more testing?

I believe @Josh_Cook sent out an email a couple of weeks ago to those who ordered saying that an update would come soon. In any case, an update would be nice for the community here as well.

Currently waiting on a reply from Nirav.

7 Likes

I thought they weren’t available, yet … can we pre-order them?

Yep, you can pre-order at Expansion Bay Modules - i2c Labs

2 Likes

I emailed you now, Thanks again.

With the Framework 16 now shipping from inventory, hopefully Nirav will have time to get you the documentation! Anything we can promote or upvote to assist with getting the documentation sent over?

1 Like

Cool, I put in my order. Any pictures you can share, even if they’re just “in progress” samples?

@Josh_Cook Your pcb is great, but you don’t publish the project so we can build it ourselves without reselling it. Anyway, I really appreciate all the time you put into this framework.

I’ll publish everything to GitHub on a non-commercial licence once the design has been validated.

13 Likes

For those of you wanting to move to Oculink later, you can use USB 4 for now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/eGPU/s/hcPiW2asuR

I know it’s x4 and not the full x8 lanes that this project supports, but you have options.

3 Likes

For anyone interested in a GPU dock, a company called Minisforum just released a dock that allows for a OcuLink 4i (PCIe 4x) connection.

3 Likes

Are you still selling this? If so what are shipping times like and do you have any images of it? I would be very interested. Also, I have the basic shell, what is assembly like? Is it non destructive? Can I undo it if needed?

To answer some of the questions based on previous answers on this form topic:

This is the latest update from Josh:

I am gonna assume that Josh is still waiting on that reply to validate the design. So right now we don’t have an expected shipping time or images of it. He said that he will publish the design when it has been validated:

Basically the product includes a bracket that you can use to replace the existing bracket with. From what I recall, you just have to screw in the design in to the existing screws of the expansion bay (correct me if I am wrong).

In short, the product has not been released yet since Josh is still waiting on a response from Nirav to validate his design.

3 Likes