Replacement magnets

You could probably get suitable magnets from eBay or Amazon. Just check the size of the holes you have and you should be able to buy the correct ones for pennies.

1 Like

I would prefer not to have to do that.
Screws could be found on Amazon too, but Framework still sells replacement screws kits. For convenience.

Yes they are clearly user parts, the magnets aren’t :frowning:

I disagree. They should be considered similarly.

You can disagree but I don’t see the logic or similarity.

The screws are there for the user to remove and replace modules etc.

I don’t see how the magnets were designed to be a user item.

Secondly, what another person or company should or should not do seems rather demanding and authoritative and not something I would support.

So do you have any idea where the magnets could be? Is there any chance of finding them?

Screws get lost and magnets get lost. Same same. They can get accidentally detached quite easily, actually.
I’m not giving orders, LOL. That would be silly to see my post like that.
I’m just saying that it should be possible to buy FW replacement magnets, as it’s the most convenient solution, and that shouldn’t be hard for them neither, because they obviously have a supplier.

“Should” as “should some time in a (not too far) future”, if that precision gives you some relief.

1 Like

I try desperately not to use the word.

imperative

1. Used as an auxiliary verb, to express a conditional or contingent act or state, or as a supposition of an actual fact; also, to express moral obligation (see shall); e. g.: they should have come last week; if I should go; I should think you could go.

verb

1. Used to form the future tense of the subjunctive mood, usually in the first person.
  2. Be obliged to; have an obligation to; ought to; indicates that the subject of the sentence has some obligation to execute the sentence predicate.

Maybe where you are the word is used differently.

Still have you given up looking for the lost ones, or did the dog eat them. :slight_smile:

Very helpful, thank you.

1 Like

Since I moved recently, 100% sure that they are several thousands kilometers away.

1 Like

Do you know the size, have you measured etc.

examples

They don’t seem to be among these.

I’m not really willing to buy order-made magnets, if FW already has a supplier for mass production.

1 Like

I’ll have to measure them sometime. I wonder if the screen and main body are all the same size, and how did they come loose ??

Oh and there’s those on the bezel and there are two sizes there

I’m now thinking, yes, it would be extremely useful if Framework offered magnets :slight_smile:

Maybe a direct request to support might elicit an outcome.

All the best

Ha!

Whilst searching to see if anyone else had any magnet related posts I found this.

So are they the ones you lost ?

As far as sizes go there was this fruitless post, so maybe a direct question/request to support would be ‘better’

UPDATE
Just found this - like a sheet that can be cut

1 Like

That is in no way a replacement for an actual magnet, those sheets are orders of magnitude weaker than regular magnets and need a lot of area to do anything useful.

2 Likes

Yes. However in this case it appears that the magnets that are to be replaced are for the side of the bezel and may at least add some pull rather than none.

Also my main concern was to keep the idea alive by searching that there may be an alternative source if the OP can’t get replacements from Framework in a suitable timescale.

But thank for the critique :slight_smile: it got me looking deeper into the sites.

I have now found these which appear to be about the ‘right’ size

As I was saying, any small magnet that would fit may be of some use I imagine.

1 Like

At that size they aren’t going to do the job of any of the magnets in the frame (except for maybe the lid sensor one).

There likely is, all you need to know is the dimensions and you’ll likely be able to fit matching magnets, though that’ll probably not be all that cheap.

I would consider them part of the case but it would be nice if framework did provide the specs for them, would also be useful if someone wanted to make a custom case.

1 Like

The first of my links in the previous seem to be about the size. I have measured them without removing one but I don’t see a problem. There are smaller ones.

Each one has a pull of 0.4Kg and there are 10 of them.

At 4Kg I think that would be more than ample for just the sides of the bezel

The smaller ones, would still give a pull of 0.5Kg per side which I’m sure is enough to keep the side of the bezel aligned

1 Like

Yes, I lost these ones.

Also if they are smaller it would be trickier to firmly fix them in place, as there would be room to wiggle despite the glue.

So apart from getting them the size is an issue.

How is the bezel holding up currently?

The 2mm seems to be critical.

It looks like there is a small plastic surround. I think the 7.5mm and the 5mm will then fit. Both those are 2mm wide and that may just be the size of the ‘slot’.

One is very thin at 0.5mm with the other 2mm.

Either way I would probably hold them in with silicon rubber and there’s no way they would fall out. Double sided sticky tape is probably waht was used.