Request: Review of Korean, Belgian, Japanese, and Latin American keyboards

I am also in Japan and would fancy an US keyboard !

3 Likes

Will the current input cover be compatible with Japanese keyboards?

1 Like

Hi, is there any reason why, although all these 4 layouts are in preparation and seem to be at the same stage, only the Belgian, Korean and Latin American keyboards are currently advertised as “coming soon” on the online marketplace?

Is it because the Japanese keyboard is in a less advanced stage?

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks again everyone for all of the feedback. We have updated versions of these keyboards for review.

Japanese:

Korean:

Belgian:

Latin American:

5 Likes

Amazing, thanks @nrp for letting us give feedback! Keyboard layouts look lovely.

3 Likes

Japanese:

Thanks for the multilingual support!

The Hankaku/Zenkaku key in the upper left corner seems to be wrong. The location is correct, but the printing on the key top is incorrect.

The correct key is ↓

半角/
全角
------
漢字
4 Likes

Thanks for catching that! We’ve updated the keyboard and edited the post with the new image.

5 Likes

A bit of a late reply, but the Japanese keyboard (with the Hankaku/Zenkaku key apparently already fixed and updated) looks good to me. Looking forward to it going live!

5 Likes

Great checking, Kenji! Just waiting on the Japanese keyboard to be released, then I’ll hop in line to purchase a framework!

1 Like

Same, I am only right now held off by the lack of the JIS layout. Great to have an alternative with the option of a JIS keyboard from the big laptop brands!

Now, just another question, can we just configure the laptop to come with the keyboard when it comes out, rather than having to order one later…

Here are the final print proofs if anyone is interested in taking a look.

2 Likes

@nrp Are you sure the Japanese layout is the corrected one?
I can still see the defective (Taiwan/Chinese styled instead of Japanese styled) 全 in 全角, and also the lack of the kana め and the erroneous presence of twice the kana ぬ
So this Japanese layout blueprint is wrong for the same reason that were mentioned by @Kenji_Iguchi

Also, the date says 2022/3/16 which is before the problems were reported.

3 Likes

What @Mapleleaf mentioned is correct, the errors I pointed out seem to have returned in the “final” print proofs posted. I’m hoping the error is merely on the forum post’s side and that newer fixed proofs have been sent to the factory. Could you check this @nrp?

1 Like

Yes, we are checking with the supplier on whether they used the wrong artwork version. We haven’t signed off on the proofs for production yet.

4 Likes

Apologies for the artwork mix-up. Here are the correctly updated proofs:
Japanese

Belgian

Latin American

Korean

9 Likes

Looks great! I noticed no issues on the Japanese layout as far as I can compare with my JIS keyboard. Looking forward to see this goes live!

4 Likes

Ok this time the Japanese layout looks good to me!!

3 Likes

Belated reply, but the JP keyboard looks good to me as well!

2 Likes

Hopefully this gets through soon because my enter, backspace, ]= keys don’t work anymore lmao

1 Like

I’ve said this before, this isn’t saying that these keyboards will be available for sale anytime soon but more verifying manufacturing files so they can have the silkscreen ready to go.