[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Is there any Update on when to expect reviews? In the most recent article it was said that early samples have been send out to reviewers. Until now I have not found a review, is there a embargo of any kind?

1 Like

We don’t know if there’s an embargo however, it does take about a week to ship out the laptop from Taiwan to wherever the reviewers are. Granted, Framework may have used expedited shipping however, many reviewers do take a couple of days to make their reviews (some take a week) to properly test for things like battery life.

1 Like

We’re very heads down right now and have small teams, so grabbing engineers atm is not happening. The moment I have news, it will appear here. Thanks - appreciate your bearing with us.

10 Likes

Thank you for the update, and best of luck in the coming weeks getting this one over the line :wink:

1 Like

Do we still think shipping out the start of Batch 1 by the end of the month is even possible?

1 Like

Welcome!

It seems like they are pulling out all the stops (i.e., temporarily relocating engineers at their manufacturing facility, getting new boards made seemingly on the fly, etc.), so I wouldn’t rule it out.

We’ve waited this long. At this point, my only hope is that I get a machine that can stand in for my desktop when I’m away (with no major bugs), and the issues with this launch didn’t set them back too much. I doubt it’s been cheap, and their people are probably exhausted.

They definitely want to get these out and live up to the timetable they forecasted. That much seems certain.

14 Likes

So just an FYI for everyone. I been asking support about what would be my opinions if I’m not around, on holiday, to receive the laptop and what can we do in terms of delaying my shipment. After some back and forth I was told that batch 5 is expected on March 2024. So if you are in an early batch you can work backwards from that to get an idea. I know the team at framework are pulling out all the stops for this but I bit more open communication on where things are would be great. Most of us, myself included, understand that delays happen so I don’t think anyone would be angry if they just say that they hit a wall and that they are working hard to get around it. :slight_smile:

I believe that’s for the 16", right?

1 Like

Nope, my preorder is for the 13 not the 16

This is strange though, isn’t batch 5 in Q4?

1 Like

Just received the preparing to ship email:

“We’re in continuous production now, and expect to ship your order out between one and three weeks from today”

3 Likes

Batch 1?

Also got the email now!

It says the same thing, but in German

Wir produzieren jetzt kontinuierlich und gehen davon aus, dass wir Ihre Bestellung in ein bis drei Wochen ausliefern können.

Just a couple more weeks!

batch1 shipping soon mail arrived here as well. be ready to prepare your payment method to have your shipping address setup properly doublecheck etc.

Yup that’s the same thing I was thinking so no clue what to make of the info. Just sharing so that everyone else has visibility :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got an email from Framework indicating that Batch 1 is being prepared.

We’re preparing Batch 1 of Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series)! Please review your info.

We’re preparing to ship Framework Laptops in your batch! Thanks for your patience as we worked through development and testing. We resolved the final ship-blocking software issues over the last week, and are starting reflashing firmware on assembled units and packing them out.

We’re in continuous production now, and expect to ship your order out between one and three weeks from today. Before we do that, we want to make sure that all of the information we have on file is up to date.

10 Likes

Finally. The light at the end of the tunnel.

4 Likes

Nice! If all go smoothly, it should start shipping around 5-8 business days from now (based on past batches).

Looking forward to reviews / user experiences.

5 Likes

Me too, but the confirmation email was listing also the SSD, so I’m not particularly worried.

Same here :wink:
Just for the heads up, I’ve send an email to the support team that confirmed that the ssd was in my order and that there was a bug on the site and that they will look into it. With the launch of the framework 13 AMD I will not be surprised if it’s not a top priority thing!

Here is an extract of the response from the support :

When your order ships, it will absolutely include the SSD and we apologize for the bug you have reported. Our team is diligently working to resolve the visual bug as we speak.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and our apologies for the confusion it has caused.
Regards,
Framework Support

Wonderful to know that batch 1 is on it’s way ! Batch 4 here, hopefully it will not be to far from now.

3 Likes