[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Thanks Todd, I’ve submitted a request to the support. I’m also pretty sure it’s just a display bug but better safe than sorry.

Ooh, some new documents have been uploaded on the knowledgebase pages.

I’m hoping payment/delivery emails aren’t too far away now.

13 Likes

Yeah. I figured it was just a rendering bug if multiple people had the issue. Not too worried. I just had a sliver of doubt that I forgot to actually add a SSD. Certainly not an unsolvable problem by visiting MicroCenter…

No New BIOS at this time. The Factory-Installed BIOS (3.03) is the latest version

Guess that means everything is finalized and they “just” have to make the things now. Bugs are either squished or the final decision on acceptable workarounds was made.

When a new release is ready to be placed into beta and then released, it will be shared here. There will be additional releases in the future as needed. At this time, this is the latest release.

It seems like most of the guides for AMD version is live.

Linux setup https://github.com/FrameworkComputer/linux-docs/blob/main/Fedora38-amd-fw13.md
and
https://github.com/FrameworkComputer/linux-docs/blob/main/ubuntu-22.04-amd-fw13.md

Supported memory: What DRAM/memory is supported by Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series)?

and several other mentiobed here: [RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild - #227 by Philip_Bell

I am hoping this means that framework has tested these on some MP unit, and shipping hopefully can happen before Oct.

3 Likes

It still says ships Q3 so we got a week to ship :slightly_smiling_face:

Update via newsletter:
HDMI/DP power draw issue has been solved by a firmware update.
Great news!

7 Likes

Can someone post it? Haven’t been receiving some of the updates.

Same, this is already the third communication that I read about but didn’t receive.

or here

4 Likes

@TheTRUEAsian @Alessandro_Renzi

This is going to sound dumb, but… Have you checked your spam folder? Have you double checked to make sure your email address is correct?

Those would be the most obvious explanations. Otherwise, this is kind of puzzling…

IIRC, their first email said something about “shipping as many units as possible from Batch 1 at the end of September”.

Perhaps they have broken Batch 1 up into sub-batches (e.g., 1.a, 1.b, etc.), and the folks not receiving the email won’t be getting a shipment until Q4?

However, if that were the case… I think FM would have e-mailed that group to let them know.

I suppose we could compare order numbers, but that’s probably not a good idea.

I received my order confirmation at: Mar 23, 2023, 1:21 PM (Arizona/GMT). For those who are not receiving the emails, when did your order confirmation email arrive?

1 Like

Naturally. Didn’t receive the previous email where they announced SMT had begun but I have received the 3 emails discussing the delays so there is no issue with my email. I’m in batch 2 so idk but it’s good we now have the info.

I’m not sure when the email arrived, but I know that I ordered less than an hour after the announcement stream. (Very shortly before it completely crashed out from the hug of death)

I think, the last couple of updates were not from the pre-order mailing list, but rather the regular newsletter, and you are probably not added to it automatically by merely placing an order, so make sure you subscribed from the main page of the website.

5 Likes

Good catch. I didn’t notice the footer had unsubscribe options in the last two emails…

1 Like

i dont know if this is a seeded sample or if its the first off the press but theyve just posted someone getting theirs on their instagram story
https://www.instagram.com/frameworkcomputer/

1 Like

i cannot tell, but is it obvious that is an AMD mainboard?

2 Likes

the covers over the sodimms have only been on the amd mainboard from what ive seen, unless im blind and its on the 13th gen too XD
edit- yuuup im just blind, its probably a 13th gen. sadge

Hey @Matt_Hartley, do you have any news on this? I don’t want to sound (or be) annoying, but more than two weeks have gone by. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes