[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

No, but this is the dmidecode output:

# dmidecode 3.5
Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs.
SMBIOS 3.5.0 present.

Handle 0x0011, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
        Location: System Board Or Motherboard
        Use: System Memory
        Error Correction Type: None
        Maximum Capacity: 64 GB
        Error Information Handle: 0x0014
        Number Of Devices: 2

Handle 0x0012, DMI type 17, 92 bytes
Memory Device
        Array Handle: 0x0011
        Error Information Handle: 0x0015
        Total Width: 64 bits
        Data Width: 64 bits
        Size: 48 GB
        Form Factor: SODIMM
        Set: None
        Locator: DIMM 0
        Bank Locator: P0 CHANNEL A
        Type: DDR5
        Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
        Speed: 5600 MT/s
        Manufacturer: Unknown
        Serial Number: E8F6D287
        Asset Tag: Not Specified
        Part Number: CT48G56C46S5.M16B1  
        Rank: 2
        Configured Memory Speed: 5600 MT/s
        Minimum Voltage: 1.1 V
        Maximum Voltage: 1.1 V
        Configured Voltage: 1.1 V
        Memory Technology: DRAM
        Memory Operating Mode Capability: Volatile memory
        Firmware Version: Unknown
        Module Manufacturer ID: Bank 6, Hex 0x9B
        Module Product ID: Unknown
        Memory Subsystem Controller Manufacturer ID: Unknown
        Memory Subsystem Controller Product ID: Unknown
        Non-Volatile Size: None
        Volatile Size: 48 GB
        Cache Size: None
        Logical Size: None

Handle 0x0013, DMI type 17, 92 bytes
Memory Device
        Array Handle: 0x0011
        Error Information Handle: 0x0016
        Total Width: 64 bits
        Data Width: 64 bits
        Size: 48 GB
        Form Factor: SODIMM
        Set: None
        Locator: DIMM 0
        Bank Locator: P0 CHANNEL B
        Type: DDR5
        Type Detail: Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered)
        Speed: 5600 MT/s
        Manufacturer: Unknown
        Serial Number: E8F6D212
        Asset Tag: Not Specified
        Part Number: CT48G56C46S5.M16B1  
        Rank: 2
        Configured Memory Speed: 5600 MT/s
        Minimum Voltage: 1.1 V
        Maximum Voltage: 1.1 V
        Configured Voltage: 1.1 V
        Memory Technology: DRAM
        Memory Operating Mode Capability: Volatile memory
        Firmware Version: Unknown
        Module Manufacturer ID: Bank 6, Hex 0x9B
        Module Product ID: Unknown
        Memory Subsystem Controller Manufacturer ID: Unknown
        Memory Subsystem Controller Product ID: Unknown
        Non-Volatile Size: None
        Volatile Size: 48 GB
        Cache Size: None
        Logical Size: None
5 Likes

Wow, that’s fast! I trusted when they said later batches wouldn’t be impacted, but they’re getting on track even sooner than I expected!

2 Likes

dude it took me so long to figure out how haha.

2 Likes

I was looking for a quote button for so long!

3 Likes

is everyone hanging out enjoying their new frameworks?
my tracking shows that it’s made it to aus, should hopefully make it to me on Monday. I’ve got work until after lunch then I can work from home, so hopefully it comes after lunch :smiley:

2 Likes

Mine shipped yesterday and is currently in Alaska (I’m in the southeast US), but the tracker says Exception: Clearance Delay. Hopefully that’s not actually an issue…

5 Likes


Anyone else in the US see their upgrade kit get delayed in customs in Anchorage?

8 Likes

Yes! And at 3:04 as well - I guess ours are shipping together. Fingers crossed…
(Edit: mine is a DIY instead of an upgrade kit)

2 Likes

Ah, just missed your post. Good to know I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

Would anyone with their AMD to hand be able to confirm Ryzen AI support?

For Windows users, it shows as an IPU in device manager.

For Linux users, I believe IPU should be mentioned in lspci and/or lshw.

1 Like

Mine too!
I really hope it’s just a glich.

1 Like

Received my AMD machine yesterday and did some setup today. I can confirm the IPU is visible in my windows device manager:

4 Likes

I see it too.

3 Likes

I’ve been refreshing the tracking like a mad man and there’s only 750 kilometers left!

1 Like

LOL! In parenting we call this helicopter parenting :grinning:

PS: I love that your tracking it kilometer by kilometer :clap:

4 Likes

Honestly I’m impressed that it was in China about 6 hours ago and it arrived in France an hour ago. Sure that’s plenty doable with air traffic but I sort of expected it to take longer in some hubs. It only took 45 minutes for it to be released from the hub in France where it landed.

1 Like

Related XKCD:

12 Likes

Don’t forget timezones :slight_smile: FedEx tracking says departed 12:17AM and arrived 2:18PM for me (China->France) so it’s more like 14 hours minus un/loading the planes.

1 Like

I’m in the 3:04 batch (upgrade kit) here as well. Hopefully good news by Monday! I’m fine letting others work out the Linux bugs before I upgrade anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

While I do think that is valid, I’m entirely sure that the times that I mentioned are correct. 7:15 PM my time the last update was around 2:15 PM and at 7:25 I noticed there was a new update at 7:22.