[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

FWIW the Batch 2 orders state the following on the view my order page:

Free Shipping Batch 2 - Ships late Q3

3 Likes

Are we sure it ever said specifically “Early Q3” for the batch 1 orders, rather than just Q3? I think it may have been an assumption some of us made based on the fact that the other batches said “Late Q3”, and then the assumption kind of propagated through the message board.

6 Likes

I am 99% sure that the order page stated “Early Q3” for Batch 1, the order confirmation mail simply says “Q3”.

That “Early Q3” came from that order page. It’s simply what it said :wink:

As I said - I am more than okay with delays, even into Q4. Provided there is communication from framework. We don’t know how many laptops are in Batch 1 and/or Batch 2, we will see how this turns out.

6 Likes

The support team eigher has

• no idea on the current status of the production of AMD Framework (i.e. isn’t really able to answer your question properly)

• or it is still a way to go and we shouldn’t expect any deliveries until end of august / september.

2 Likes

The Batch 1 order confirmation email says the following for both the Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 pre-order

Estimated delivery date
Ships Q3

Sorry.

1 Like

The lack of communication here now that we’re solidly into Q3 is really concerning. Delays are fine, silence is not.

7 Likes

The joke is on us, you are all debating if the order page said

Q3 or early Q3…

they could have meant Q3 2024 :laughing:

13 Likes

Or they have been instructed to say nothing at all until a public announcement is made.

Yes it is frustrating for us who are on the edge of our keyboards waiting for an update (I’m definitely one of them https://xkcd.com/281/) but they have not broken any obligations to us as of yet.

We pre-ordered knowing that it will ship in Q3 sometime. Q3 isn’t over yet so we (unfortunately) need to keep refreshing the forum and our email every week/day/hour until they announce.

It sucks not knowing when they will ship but it is far less trouble for Framework to say nothing until they are ready to go.

Edit: spelling.

6 Likes

I know this is slightly off topic, but I’m in AMD Batch 3, which my invoice says “Ships Late Q3”

I was expecting sometime in September but now I’m not so sure. Sucks for me because I’ll be going off to college in mid-september and I’d have to go all the way back home to get it if it ships too late.

Doing the bare minimum to keep obligations is not what I expect from Framework. Others are able to say more.

You can contact support to change the shipping address.

3 Likes

Others are not Framework. Sure others can be more transparent throughout this process than Framework and I would so dearly like more updates regarding progress.

1 Like

It’s a new product, launched with an incredibly steep manufacturing curve.
Especially wrt drivers, bios, etc, but also the whole hw platform is new.

So we should cut them some slack, they still deserve it.
But communication should be forthcoming and transparant nonetheless; respect goes both ways in building a brand.

8 Likes

batch 1 bros, a bro in the batch 3 thread just confirmed a delay from late q3 to q4 for batch 3. :eyes:

batch 1 on red alert.

3 Likes

Reading between the lines, I’m now expecting, at the earliest, late August shipping notifications to go out for Batch 1, and late September for Batch 2. If we get confirmation Batch 2 is still late Q3 that’d be my guess, since batches are typically staggered by a month.

Oh well, life goes on. Would work for me since it means I don’t need to worry about my FW shipping while I’m on vacation lol.

4 Likes

nice where are you going on vacation? somewhere nice and tropical? :sunglasses::parasol_on_ground::sunrise::parasol_on_ground::sun_with_face:

but ya, late August for batch 1 at the earliest for sure.

Haha I wish, no, just visiting family, so more like… half-vacation. At least will distract me from checking my email for anything from Framework haha.

Oh well, at least we have more time to discuss about memories. :smiley:

Can we join you? We can have a Framework themed vacation party!

can i opt for the next gen next years? amd mobo release already in exchange? :wink:
maybe the batch3 mobos went into delivery for the batch1 folks for some quality reasons or so? :face_in_clouds:

@reverse_thrust Can confirm my batch 2 order still says late Q3.

1 Like

At this point I’m assuming my batch 5 order will come Q1 2024, seems like the safer bet. Similarly I’d start assuming that batch 1 will make it early Q4 rather than late Q3.