September/Batch 3 Thread

Got my email late last week that they successfully received the remainder of my payment for my DIY I5 laptop. A couple hours ago, I received the email that told me that my laptop has shipped. Was hoping I was going to get this email yesterday (b-day), but I am still happy I got it today. Tracking shows it will arrive Thursday!

4 Likes

Just got my “Shipped” email, and will be checking Fedex obsessively now.

Got my SSD and memory, and my matte screen arrives Friday or Monday. Perfect!

6 Likes

Yea buddy! Let’s go!

6 Likes

And so it is with great sadness that must say goodbye to my comrades in this boat.

Is that the anti reflective film? Which one did you buy? (link plz)
(EDIT: https://viascreens.com/screen-protectors/framework/ Thanks!)

4 Likes

@Shawn_Lewis Yep, I got this one: Framework Laptop 13.5 Screen Protector - Matte

3 Likes

I thought refreshing at 3AM wouldn’t be fruitful, package just got picked up and should be delivered Friday!

4 Likes

Refreshed first thing this morning to see Friday delivery as well, and also that my matte screen is delivering today (originally Oct 4)!

2 Likes

According to FedEx, mine should hit Monday, but potentially sooner. Guess we’ll have to see, but I’m excited. I think I’ll settle with Fedora 34 Cinnamon Respin, but I might give KDE a go before Fedora 35 launches in a few weeks.

3 Likes

To add my story to the pile,

Ordered on August 18th, DIY with Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
Preparing to Ship my Batch on September 8th
Preparing to Ship my Order on September 21st
Shipped on September 24th
Received on September 28th
Assembled and running ~ 40 minutes after I got it unpacked

What a ride.

5 Likes

just got my DIY edition, took me a while to get to work and some dent and deform around the power button. cant seem to press in huh.

I ordered mine on July 29 after seeing this mentioned by Louis Rossmann. I love the company’s ethos as well as the design. I’d have preferred a 15 inch due to my aging eyes but the 13.5 was good enough to be my new traveling laptop at a fraction of the weight of my current laptop.

I ordered the DIY with the medium-level CPU, WD Black SN850, no vPro wifi, and 32 GB of RAM along with several modules.

They emailed me on Sep 13 that they were preparing to ship it – I emailed right back asking if they could hold off shipping since I was flying out of town for 2 weeks the next morning but they shipped on Sep 15. Luckily, I was able to get FedEx to delay delivery until I got back home – received it yesterday morning (Sep 28), set it up after work last night and am trying to decide what OS to put on it. In the meantime, love all the little design touches.

1 Like

Well boys it finally came. Only put in 16 gb of ram in my i5 and I’m getting a nearly playable 20fps on rust’s potato quality. Of course I didn’t buy it for gaming. Good luck all I hope your orders come soon!

5 Likes

Mine came in too… I’m in Batch 3 and ran into the My touchpad isn't working. Changing the PS/2 setting to off fixed it for me. Absolutely loving it…

1 Like

Shipped today and (supposedly) arrives tomorrow!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Did you end up installing Kubuntu 21?

1 Like

@Adam_Melancon Yessir, Kubuntu 21 with the Win11 menu and a lot of tweaking in the last 3hrs… I ran into the one issue and I haven’t tried to ‘tackle’ the fingerprint scanner but other than that I’m loving it… To get it in a decent time frame I ordered the i7-1185, put 64G ram and a 1Tb NVMe it was still available for Batch 3 and I don’t regret spending the money. I completely agree that the hardest part of assembly is the wifi antennae cables and trying to get into BIOS geeze that was a bit of an ordeal but all good now.

2 Likes

I’m probably not the last to order in batch 3, but I ordered Sept 2, got the batch confirmation on the 7th, got my preparing on the 22nd, then they attempted to charge on the 27th but my bank blocked it, so I got that fixed the next morning and got it to go through, then the 29th got my shipping confirmation and tracking number.

1 Like

Heads up: if you have an order going to Canada, support informed me that they originally forgot to include provincial taxes. If you get a sudden charge from Framework after the fact, that could be it! I had one on my credit card yesterday and didn’t get an email about it.

4 Likes

This is what happened to me, and I’m rather disappointed. My $1800 laptop just became a $2000 laptop overnight. Not being given the real price until the last minute is unacceptable, on top of the fact that this nonsense has added an extra week delay to my order.