September/Batch 3 Thread

It finally shipped, scheduled for delivery tomorrow! Let’s see if FedEx can pull it off…

I got my shipping confirmation! It will arrive just in time for my birthday on the 4th. Thanks Framework for the birthday present!

1 Like

Framework confirmed via Twitter that the October batch has sold out for the i71165G7 model. Good news that there is sustainable orders.

6 Likes

Got my card charged, and a notification that it’s shipping soon! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Anybody here still in the “got charged the full amount Sept 23rd, not shipped yet” boat?

Getting a bit worried. I’m going to be going away for three weeks starting October 6th so if I have to deal with porch pirates or bad neighbours (live in an apartment) for three weeks while I’m not home… that could be a problem :frowning: Delivery to Montreal so there is some customs hell to deal with too.

Put in a ticket. Hopefully they’ll figure it out!

Edit: just got a duplicate email from Framework five minutes ago, saying again that I have been charged (again?) and that my order will ship in 1-2 days. Not sure what to make of that…

4 Likes

I hope batch 5 comes earlier than the end of Nov. :slightly_smiling_face:
dan

I am in batch 4 thanks to procrastination. Hopefully I don’t have to wait too much longer.

2 Likes

That would be me as well! Though I haven’t received any duplicate emails myself

I got charged on the 23rd. No duplicate emails here, but still haven’t received a shipping email yet.

1 Like

Man, if I had known the ordering an i7 would have put me in batch 3, I would have spent more money! :sob:

2 Likes

I never received an email but I saw that my order was shipped on my account page last night. It also had a tracking number link which took me to FedEx tracking website.

Maybe you’ll have luck, here’s the link.

https://frame.work/profile/account

2 Likes

Got mine in!

• Audio quality better than expected.
  • Keyboard is great! I love the soft travel. Reminds me of my latitude 7490 keyboard. Touchpad is good too.
  • Had the 0.39ghz bug while on AC which persisted with sleep and switching USB-C ports. solved with a reboot, hope it doesn’t come back :\
  • Screen is incredible. 400 nits really should be the new standard.

Great work Framework team! i’ll be doing some testing to see if mine has the modern standby drain bug and posting in that thread. Standby.

3 Likes

What OS are you running? Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow and I’m still flipping a coin between Win and Lin… Kubuntu 21 actually…

1 Like

Windows 10 pro. I’m probably a bit more basic than most here – never ran linux before.

3 Likes

Well boys, I’ve jumped out the boat.

Fingers crossed it gets here on time (2021-09-29T04:00:00Z) and in tact. I’ve been hearing horror stories about fedex, and recently had a package pretty beat up (See here).

5 Likes

Congrats!

I’m still just sitting here in the boat… checking my email.

EDIT:

I take that back!!! Just got my email!!! Woohoo!!!

4 Likes

I told my friend that this Thread has become like a support group for folks waiting on tech, rather than people waiting in line for a laptop (she laughed). To that end, seeing notifications of people getting the laptop feels like I’m losing a comrade forever. It’s bittersweet.

8 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2 Likes

Don’t worry comrade, you will not be left behind. You too will join us soon.

2 Likes

Good news is I just got my shipping email!
Bad news is Samsung cancelled my recent order with a 1tb 980 Pro in it that seemed too good to pass up for the price. Time to pick up an SSD in the next few days!

4 Likes