September/Batch 3 Thread

Hello Batch 3! (mostly LTT fans)

This is the thread for live updates of everyone’s orders in Batch 3. Please share any updates you get about billing, shipping, and more!

Fingers crossed we don’t get pushed to October…

14 Likes

I’ll start first by saying I ordered my DIY i5 model on July 27 after several days of the website being down from LTT traffic. I am in New York City, across the water from the New Jersey warehouse.

I bought it with 16 GB of RAM, 500 GB of SN750 storage, and a power adapter. (I don’t think my expansion card selection affects shipping priority because I also want to change that later if the 2-port USB-A card comes out.)

Kicking myself now for waiting on his review instead of placing an order first for an i5 Batch 2, but no matter! Now we wait…

3 Likes

I had ordered my configuration on August 26th and can’t wait to use it. The configuration I chose has an i7-1165G7, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, the non vpro wifi card, and I can’t wait to use it!

1 Like

August 19th, i7-1165G7 DIY and like @Luke_Graham, absolutely cannot wait for it to get here.

I ordered a pre config i5 machine on the 27th as well (would have been the 26th but the site was unuseable lol) Hopefully we are free and clear of the delays that the batch 2 crowd is dealing with but props to framework for the transparency and hard work!

1 Like

I should get mine in this batch as well. Went with the DIY i5, 16 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD and one of the 1 TB expansion cards. Also the standard array usb A, C, and HDMI. I’ll be installing Linux on mine. Still undecided which Distro yet but leaning on Fedora or PopOS.

Looking forward to getting my hands (literally) on it so I can put it together.

Ordered on August 25th:

• i7-1165G7
  • 1x16GB RAM
  • Wifi 6 no vPro
  • 500GB WD Black SN750,
  • 1 USB-C
  • 2 USB-A
  • 1 MicroSD

DIY edition of course. Just the pre-order confirmation email so far

August 19.

DIY i7-1165G7
2x8GB
Wifi 6 no vpro
No SSD
2 USB-A
1 MicroSD
1 DP
3 USB-C
1 HDMI

Can’t wait for the shipping notification!

1 Like

I cannot wait for mine to come! I ordered on Aug. 1st and got an i7 1165, w AX210 no vPro. Bought other components from other sellers, can’t wait to get them off my desk and into the laptop.

@gs1 That’s the same config I went with, same order date and same reason. We’re framework twins

1 Like

I’m a little confused about how some people here placed orders on the 26th and 27th of August and are in Batch 3 when I ordered on August 6th and got put in batch 4?

Am I misinterpreting something?

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, it really depends on the processor you chose. The i5’s seem to be selling fast compared to the i7’s.

That’s probably what did it. I ordered the i5. I mistook Mikail_Nelson’s reply as August 27th.

1 Like

Ordered Aug. 3rd for a i7 DiY. Getting super excited as the days tick by. Can’t wait for Batch 3 to start shipping.

4 Likes

Ordered on August 14th:

• DIY i7-1165G7
  • Wifi 6 no vPro
  • BYO storage
  • BYO memory
  • 2 USB-C
  • 1 USB-A
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 expansion drive (1TB)
  • 1 charger

I love the BYO storage and memory options! I was able to find great deals on a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro drive and 64GB of G.Skill Ripjaws RAM that saved me quite a bit of money. As someone else said, now I’m just staring at those components on my desk waiting for the laptop to arrive :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ordered on July 27th!

DIY edition i5
16BG RAM (1x16)
6E AX210 no vPro
Windows 10 (but would like to try some version of Linux)
500GB SN750 storage
(2) USB-C cards
(2) USB-A Cards
(2) HDMI Cards
Power Adapter

I was already in the process of looking for a new laptop and heavily considering something from the Dell XPS line when someone shared the LTT video on FB. I watched everything I could and dove deep and ended up ordering in the same day. :sweat_smile: Can’t wait!

2 Likes

@Spencer_Lombardo same here! From the order dates and replies from other Batch 3’s, looks like we may have just missed the Batch 2 boat. At least this thread signals the final countdown of our wait!

1 Like

@Trevor_Thompson Got Batch 3 for I7 and ordered Aug 1 just for reference.

1 Like

24 Likes

@Mikail_Nelson

You beat me to it… They’ve had 48hrs… enough is enough… lol