September/Batch 3 Thread

@RandomUser I think you can contact Framework support to put in an order for expansion cards. Or at least I saw somewhere on this forum someone had done that with success

3 Likes

@RandomUser Yes, Alex is correct. From what I’ve read on the support orders turnaround time, you might actually get the extra card before the laptop, sounds like they’re pretty fast.

1 Like

Seems like YMMV.

I tried to add a USB-C expansion card via support after I got the preparing to ship email, but haven’t heard back. I tried following up last night again, but no word yet.

Update: Received an update from support that added the expansion card a few hours ago.

yeah i reached out to support to change my order on Wednesday. no word back beyond the acknowledgement.

I’m sure they’re busy but it doesn’t inspire faith in ordering more

I am super excited for mine to arrive. I didn’t need a laptop but I really wanted to support a startup company.

2 Likes

Me getting the “We’re preparing to ship your order! Please review your info.” email

3 Likes

Just got the notice that Framework is preparing to ship my order! Ordered back on July 30th so pretty excited like everyone else!

2 Likes

Since Batch 3 seems to be going really smooth and is mostly the i7’s, I wonder if the warehouse is stocking up on i5 boards for the next batch (and maybe getting ready to send Batch 4 out early?) the order dates are getting closer and closer to mine (within a week). so excited!

1 Like

Just to confirm, you got the email about shipping your order, not just the email about shipping Batch 3?

2 Likes

Performance Specked DIY Edition

Ordered September 9th 2021 | Batch 3

Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (Download)
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 vPro®
  • Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™

Expansion Cards

• 1 HDMI
  • 4 USB-C
  • 1 MicroSD
  • 2 USB-A
  • 1 DP

Accessories

• Framework Screwdriver
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada

I've just placed my order the other day and cant wait to receive it. It's a bit on the high end with its spec (and price) but I'm looking for it to replace my desktop for pretty much everything besides gaming as it is more powerful than my custom PC I built back in 2015-2016. Not gunna lie, getting into batch 3 also helped with picking the top CPU spec.

I’m a long time LTT fan, but I found this a while before thanks to Adam Savages Tested. Fell in love Immediately and knew it would buy my next laptop when the time came. Didn’t think it was going to be for a while but my 5-6 year laptop ( Lenovo Yoga Book Signature Edition) Had damaged USB ports that would not register unless I held down the attached device. The battery was also shot and the storage and ram really needed to be upgraded, so I just figured to take the money and invest it into a new machine and company instead up wasting it on my old machine.

I’m Supper excited to see where this company goes and I’d honestly love to work for them if I had the chance! They are such a good example of what you can accomplish while still helping the customers get the very most out of their purchases! Time to repeatedly check my account and inbox until it arrives!

EDIT (09/10/2021): I noticed people have been posting that they have gotten emails of shipping preparations. I have not yet received that confirmation but am hoping that since I’m in the same batch it will be coming soon.

1 Like

Just received my order info confirmation last night, and got the preparing to ship in 1-2 days this AM. Pro build i7-1185G7, 32gb ram, 1 TB storage, Wifi6 w/ vPro. Getting excited!

2 Likes

So some of you are actually batch 3 and getting more than the “We’re preparing to ship your batch”?

I wish I got more than the “We’re preparing to ship your batch” email- it’s all I got right now but I imagine that we’ll be getting charged next week if Batch 3 operates in a timeline similar to Batch 2

I also am in Batch 3 and have the “preparing to ship” aka make sure your credit is in order sir.

I will update if staring and the email and reviewing the DIY setup guide every 2 days makes things move faster.

2 Likes

This man will have the quickest order turnaround of any batch lol. Didn’t even realize batch 3 was still open.

2 Likes

I can assure you checking the batch 3 thread multiple times a day seems to have no effect, but I’ll keep trying.

1 Like

I got a “Your order has shipped” email! :woman_cartwheeling:t3:

10 Likes

That’s amazing. I’m so excited! When did you order? Haven’t gotten a shipping notification yet

1 Like

Just did the same as @Ris but canceled my original order which was an i5. I couldn’t wait any longer so just went all out with the config lol. Hopefully I will join the “your order has shipped” club soon!

1 Like
  1. Ordered on July 29.
  2. Received the ‘Preparing’ email on Tuesday, Sep 7.
  3. Credit card charged on Thursday, Sep 9

I’ll update further when it ships, and when I receive it. I can’t wait. I’ll also post baseline benchmarks and undervolting results as soon as possible.

2 Likes