Shipping dates FW 16

Seriously. What happened there? Did whoever writes those get transferred to assembly? Maybe they’re still making last-minute changes to those components? Hopefully we get another one soon.

4 Likes

Sorry one last thing I wanted to add, according to the FW preorder policy:

We will attempt to charge the remainder of the purchase price and other costs to your payment method on file when your Product is ready to ship. If we are unable to process the payment, we will attempt to contact you via your Contact Information. If you do not complete your Order by updating your payment method and paying the full remainder due within 30 days, Framework may, at its sole discretion, provide you a full refund of the deposit, or continue to attempt to contact you via your Contact Information. Framework will make reasonable efforts to contact you to provide a refund after that 30-day period, but if Framework does not receive a response from you within 90 days of our initial request to complete your Order, or if Framework is not able to process your refund after that 30-day period (for example, due to a cancelled credit card), then Framework will treat the amount that you paid as unclaimed property in accordance with applicable law.

3 Likes

There has never been a set schedule on them. More than likely, the last two will go out closer to the time of shipping if I had to guess.

1 Like

Batch 1, most recent ETA was Q4. I’m hoping for October given just how many other batches were also given a Q4 ETA (assuming manufacturing runs loosely correspond to the assigned batch moniker), but that is pure conjecture on my part.

No additional communication from the company thus far, but if I receive any email from Framework denoting timeline I will follow up here.

This is all I know …

1 Like

I was also wondering that. I didn’t get to take screenshot during ordering because of how fast the batch numbers were changing, and am curious if Batch 1 and 2 mentioned “Early Q4”, because mine is batch 3 and says “Late Q4”, while Even batch 11 so far is estimated for Q1 next year.

The batches aren’t evenly spaced, after getting such a huge number of pre-orders, Framework made arrangements to ramp up production, seems Q1 is as soon as that can happen though. So we have a couple batches aiming for Q4, and a ton for Q1.

The currently open pre-order batch will ship in Q1 2024, and we’re working with our suppliers to ensure we have the production capacity to avoid pre-order timing going deeper into 2024.

as far as i remember that “current” batch was Batch 5 and (also just from my memory) the last batch to supposedly ship in 2023 was 3 or maybe 4

1 Like

I recall batch 5 as being 2023q4. batch 6 the first for 2023q1. batch5 I saw from work and was still q4. couple hours later when I went on to order from my personal was on batch6 and q1.

2 Likes

Batch 1 and 2 only say Q4

2 Likes

Batch 6 already shipped?! :scream: :wink:

5 Likes

No. Framework Laptop 16 has not begun shipping at all yet.

Of course, just a silly joke by me based on a typo by strobert. He even liked my post so I think he knows it was all in good fun, and that neither of us actually believe any FW16’s went out in Q1 2023. That would be quite confounding!

6 Likes

Whoosh me! Completely missed the typo.

6 Likes

Something tells me its gonna be november when the batches start rolling out, I hope its not and its actually october, but from what I can gather, we’ll be waiting a bit longer

1 Like

Im hoping October since some batches are labeled specifically “late Q4”

1 Like

yup, and tried to edit to fix the typo once I saw your post, but forum was not letting me…shrug

so was it a typo… wishful thinking… or new expansion bay idea. a flux capacitor :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m Batch 5, which also says Ships late Q4 in my email. I’m hoping before Christmas. If I get it in Nov, that would be a great bday surprise (my birth month).

However, if everyone’s shipment slips, mine would surely slip into 2024. :frowning:

If we decide to cancel, would we get full refund? What happens to the Starfield code? I already got it so I’m sure everyone else did too. I’m unsure how that promo will get invalidated if someone cancels.

1 Like

You will get your 100$ refund.

You did need to register to AMD and activate your steam key through this. I rekon the AMD key is linked to your preorder and steam can probably link the same AMD key to their steam key and thus your game key.
So if you cancel they either do nothing and let you have the game for free (which i dont think so) or they will invalid your steam key through the aforementioned relationship.

1 Like

Neither. Your refund will be lowered by the games worth.
So the 100$ you prepaid minus the 99.99$ the premium edition is worth gives you 0.01$ refund.

They are not stupid and let you play for free for months.