[SOLVED] Matte screen please! :)

I really want one of these. Why is it no longer available? I would like to be able to preorder it, or order it for a smaller run at a higher price.

The one of the major competitive advantages of this laptop is literally on feature customization, so fairly surprised that there are only a few options for major features, and not a doubling down with 3rd party vendors for diy add-ons.

What I really want is an oled or e-paper low gloss, high contrast screen ideal for outside at coffeeshops and parks. and willing to pay relatively high prices to get the niche setup I’m after.

Obviously, there’s a dilemma of offering a usual commodity experience around parts that vary in pricing depending on lot sizes. Personally I’d be fully behind a ‘maximum’ price for a preorder group, where the final price comes down based on the group size gathered. doing all true customization as 1-off group buys never to be accessible again just seems like loosing out on the heart of this culture! At least make it seemless to join a group for the next buy, maybe?

Also up for recommendations for a fully DIY solution if anyone has one - even a matte screen is only a step in the right direction for what I’m after.

Just a personal note, heard about this option from Cory Doctorow on his pod, and kinda disappointed that I couldn’t follow up with a buy. Yall might have lost out on a bit of viral marketing!

There was a large amount of users who wanted it as soon as it came in stock, and they bought all the stock. This isn’t a group buy, Framework will restock when their factory is able to get more out. If you sign up now to be notified, you’ll get an email when the matte screen is restocked.

1 Like

Glossy looks better, matte works better with reflections and glare.
So depending on your preference and environment, one works better than the other.

I was a Batch 5 13 in 2021, huge fan of the product and the glare screen was one of my hesitations recommending it to people (the other was about my video editor friends not being optimistic about igpu-- also fixed now with the AMD in the 16).

I’m super excited about this, but I procrastinated for a second when they were available and now I have to wait :frowning: haha.