[SOLVED] US Customs Delay

I rushed to order my Framework so it would be shipped before the Lunar New Year closed the Taiwan factory for a week. The package was quickly shipped and arrived in Anchorage, where it has been sitting for five days at US Customs. FedEx could provide no other information or assistance. Is this normal? How long did you all have to wait to receive your Framework?

Thanks!

Five days may seem a while but it may arrive tomorrow :slight_smile:

Iā€™m just curious how long I should expect based on the experience of US customers. Comments on other threads and in videos suggested that the delay was in getting the item shipped. Mine shipped from the factory quickly, but the issue is customs and FedEx would not offer an estimate of how long it usually takes to clear.

Unless you call customs directly and ask them how big their backlog is, nobody knows.

1 Like

Amoun, I would ask that you refer to the following section from our community guidelines (emphasis my own) and reconsider your comment. Letā€™s try to welcome new members the same way we were welcomed: with warmth and kindness.

2 Likes

I ordered mine during the pre-order process, but once it shipped it took about a week, including a ~2 day customs delay. Iā€™ve seen longer delays too, but like Anachron said, it really just depends on the backlogs in customs, which is out of both Framework and FedExā€™s control.

I donā€™t know anything for certain, but I suspect that theres a big backlog right now because companies in Asia may have shipped out higher quantities of orders ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday in preparation for shutdowns.

1 Like

@djack I am in the same place as you, mine is waiting for customs as well and I really need it for my classes. Nothing I can do but wait and hope I get it soon.

3 Likes

Mine said it was still in customs in Alaskaā€¦then I got it the next day. I ordered my laptop 2 weeks ago so it might be the same for you.

3 Likes

@GhostLegion thatā€™s funny cause I just checked it and it is saying I should get it by tomorrow

1 Like

Same! Hurrah. Thanks everyone for information sharing and commiserating. Iā€™m really excited to get this and contribute to the community.

I must have gotten lucky; my Framework arrived in Anchorage on January 13th and left on the 14th, the next day, and was delivered on the 16th.

3 Likes

Mine must have changed because now it says ā€œpendingā€ after saying it should be delivered today, so who knows ā€œĀÆ\(惄)/ĀÆā€

1 Like

That is generally expected behaviour for tracking. As a guess, I believe FW are shipping a pallet each week to US and EU.

1 Like

Hello everyone. FedEx IPD uses a consolidated shipping method, meaning that enough orders have to queue in order to be exported/shipped bulk to reduce shipping costs and one-off international express shipments. Given volumes, this typically is not an issue as any delay is minimal, however, Customs loads can impact overall delivery time (which is outside of our control). Anyone that experienced a slight delay should have already seen movement in their packages. If you havenā€™t please contact Framework Support so that we can investigate. Thanks.

5 Likes

Mine is stuck in customs in Anchorage due to ā€œmissing paperwork from the shipperā€. 6 days now.

1 Like

Have you reached out to support about this?

1 Like

Yes, they are contacting Fedex about it. I called Fedex too and was told customs paperwork was missing, and itā€™s holding up an entire container from this shipper.

2 Likes

This was a Customs mistake as the shipment was flagged by APHIS, which is not even valid for our product.

ā€œProducts regulated by APHIS: Plant and plant product permits include plants for planting such as nursery stock, small lots of seed, and postentry; plant products such as fruits and vegetable, timber, cotton and cut flowers; protected plants and plant products such as orchids, and threatened and endangered plant speciesā€

Feels like a new US Customs agent missed the mark. Weā€™ve provided the necessary information for release and our Logistics team is monitoring. Unfortunately, misses like this are completely outside of our control, but weā€™re working to get things moving again. Our apologies for the delay.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the update!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been told by Logistics that the delayed packages should be released within a day. Thanks again for your patience.

1 Like