"Stereo Mix" for Tempo audio chip CODEC

I’m hoping to get a “Stereo Mix” or “What U Hear” capability with the Tempo CODEC (as it’s called here). A bit of googling led me to Tempo’s FAQ page where they talk about this:

Stereo Mix box is greyed out

Our OEM partners provide TEMPO SEMI detailed feature-sets and behavioral >specifications for every model. If a feature is not available, this is likely because they >chose not to enable it in either software or hardware. TEMPO SEMI must comply with our >customer’s specifications for their systems.

We are not allowed to distribute OEM drivers to end-users, nor can we make modifications >to the drivers outside of these manufacturer’s specifications.

TEMPO SEMI continually updates our OEM customers with new drivers that include bug >fixes and new feature requests.

Is it possible to get a driver that can support “Stereo Mix”, or is there a hardware limitation with the 92HD95B chip? Stereo Mix capability is pretty important tool for me, hoping to not have to use clunky 3rd party software.

3 Likes

Quite disappointed there doesn’t seem to be standard support for this very basic feature.

How/where do you get details of the onboard audio chip and codec?

1 Like

Just getting started with my Framework13, and configuring StereoMix is the first problem I have run into. The audio driver appears to be pretty bare bones as all configuration options are greyed out and stereo mix is not present.

This is a pretty important feature for anyone doing audio-related work with the laptop. I’m wondering where the limitations are, and if there is a way I can get involved in improving this feature?

Has anyone made any progress on getting StereoMix?

Short answer: no. But I realised that Windows WASAPI with loopback is available to play the same role in the software I’m using, so it’s become a non-problem. It sounds like Stereo Mix is being phased out of Windows-based systems.