Stuck Pixel

So I’ve had the new 13gen I5 Framework for a few weeks (was in the first batch in May). I love the machine, but unfortunately a few days ago one stuck pixel has shown up on the display. I tired a few “stuck pixel” websites with no luck. I looked into the warranty and they don’t cover 1 pixel which is completely understandable, but I’m still kind of bummed out. Any recommendations on a fix short of buying a replacement? Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you sure there is only one and not three :slight_smile:

Up to 2 bright/stuck sub-pixels
Up to 3 dark/dead sub-pixels

I’m surprised you could even see one odd pixel, unless of course the screen is black, and if that is the case and you find it annoying you could maybe use a magnifying glass and carefully put a small dot of grey nail varnish on it for example to dim it but not mack it black.

Hey thank you for the reply. I took a look with a magnifying glass and it looks like 3-4 stuck pixels. If they are that small that might be why its quite noticeable to me in a black terminal or watching a dark tv show (was watching the The Expanse when I first noticed it). I will open a ticket with support and see what they say. Thanks for the assist :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How’d this turn out?
I have the same issue with my Framework Laptop 16, at least one stuck green pixel.
I’ll contact support about this as well.

Hey there, sorry I thought I updated this post. Anyway, Framework support replaced the display. First they had me do some thorough troubleshooting (confirming it was a hardware issue and not software) checking to see if it was present while in the BIOS etc. Checking and reseating connections. They had me take pictures of all display cables and connections confirming they were not damage. They ended up sending me a replacement and I haven’t had any issues since, I’ve been using my Framework 13 daily for nearly a year now. Hope they can help you out as well!

1 Like

Nice, great to hear!

My issue resolved itself, the pixel got dimmer over time and now it’s fully working again. Haven’t heard of this before, but I’m happy it’s good again.

2 Likes