Tech reviews by professionals

All these very enthusiastic and positive reviews are making the wait for international order so much harder.

Which is a good thing.

And an annoying thing.

I know, right? Isn’t it interesting how, because I’m so familiar with the inner workings, the reviews that don’t “quite” get it right are just a little annoying?

I’m trying to think if this happens to me with Dell reviews. The only ones I can think of are LTTs (I watch because it’s LTT, not because they’re looking specifically at a Dell). I can’t recall that reaction - but then they’re so good at it, even when they go inside, that I’m not surprised.

Nope. Doesn’t seem to bother me with those. I think it has more to do with how I feel about the machine - already in love with my FW Laptop and I won’t even see it for another week! :grin:

1 Like

https://community.frame.work/t/the-first-reviews-are-out/2755/97?u=atul_ingle

The touchpad “seaweed cable”* getting all twisted makes me cringe. :grimacing:

* (h/t @highwaycat for this terminology; it’s the perfect name for these cables.)

I just call em like I see em! Cause I don’t know what else they’re called. :flushed: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely. You should check out Craft Computing on YouTube. He releases multiple videos a week and tries a different beer at the end of each one, some of them sent in by viewers. Not a big beer drinker myself, but I love his videos!

2 Likes

Jason_Hottelet or people on the thread, I think this thread is initially used to manage the “first reviews”. However I see that now it is used to post the general tech reviews by professional reviewers beyond the “first reviews”. So, I would like to suggest to change this thread’s title to “Professional tech reviews” or “Tech reviews by professionals” to distinguish it from other review threads Community reviews and Business reviews about Framework . I can change the title by myself if you like, as I (a heavy user of the forum) was given the right by the forum system. What do you think?

1 Like

agreed, changed it to the latter

1 Like

Great in-depth analysis about using the FW Laptop with an eGPU. From a clear fan who’s already given the community a few gems (and promises lots more!).

Good intro, instructions for installation, instructions for testing, well explained benchmarks. Nice job!

Those who have questions about using an eGPU with the FW Laptop should be directed to this video, imo.

6 Likes

And another comprehensive and really positive overview/review from Lon Seidman https://youtu.be/vyJfcAojG-4

4 Likes

Phoronix just posted their (also quite positive) review:

1 Like

In case folks don’t follow Twitter…

Screenshot_20211110-171504

14 Likes

Here’s the direct link:

6 Likes

Great new review at Mashable:

“I am happy to report the Framework Laptop is nothing short of an industrial design miracle for newcomers.”

5 Likes

Have been waiting for this… one of the most objective tech reviewer on YT.

4 Likes

Nice unbox and build video by Reviews for Nerds:

Decent presentation, goes over everything needed for a first-time power up.

I actually like the fumbling with the WiFi card. This is not at all Framework’s fault, but it’s the most exacting part of the build, and likely to be the most frustrating for DIYers. Pretty accurate representation of the experience imo.

(Somewhere on here I rant about it, but there don’t seem to be any useful changes on the horizon…)

fe9a2ba4591772d3d64d48cbf5c00e4f

1 Like

Nice review by the reviewer Josh who has a background of the software development. Inclusive video with some tech topics.

Updated: I removed the video link as it was already posted on this thread.

1 Like

This was already posted 10d ago Tech reviews by professionals - #112 by H_K.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that. I actually forgot it. I see I clicked the “like” button for the video. I deleted the video link on my comment.

2 Likes

New review at Fast Company:

Bit harsh on battery life, but overall good coverage.

2 Likes