The League of Batch 6

Delivered (12/10) at 9:11 AM US Central time. FedEx tossed the package onto my porch and didn’t even knock to get a signature. Other than that, excited to get started on putting it together!

Video of delivery: https://youtu.be/0CkehkpJKyo

@Christopher_Martin Holy crap. Threw that shi* on your curb, didn’t ring, and just took off. I’m mad on your behalf.

Glad you got your package, and hope everything is good. I ordered my i7 on November 26, got charged on the 2nd and still nothing. Maybe it’s because I live in Canada. I’m not sure anymore. I’m that Spongebob meme where I’m Squidward, looking out of the window seeing Spongebob and Patrick have fun.

2 Likes

@blowfish - hmm, you should be ahead of me then. I’m also in Canada, ordered 4th, charged 7th.

Mine has a “Ships within a week” label on it, so if it hasn’t shipped by tomorrow I’m going to want to know why.

Unfortunately it seems par for the course with FedEx. There is a marked difference in how UPS and USPS handle my deliveries, and how FedEx does. With Framework’s relationship with FedEx, I was hoping against hope that treatment of this specific package would be mildly better.

From what I hear, UPS personnel are a lot happier with their jobs and pay. Though I have to dock some points from UPS for charging $10 every time you request for them to hold a package. FedEx doesn’t charge for that.

One could think that these two things may be directly related - those offering dumping prices often treat and pay their staff not so well. Basically it’s you get what you pay for. It’s always unfortunate if a vendor does not offer their customers a choice of shipping provider. In our market in Germany, I know which ones to avoid.

1 Like

Agreed. If given the choice I would go with USPS or UPS over FedEx. But most online vendors are not offering choices these days.

1 Like

It’s sad, because I remember when FedEx was the prestige way to send packages. I’m not sure why they’re racing to the bottom. Quality still matters.

2 Likes

What the…!? Wow, fill out a complain form!

1 Like

Yeah, that video doesn’t look terribly great. However, the thing I know is that pretty much any package is going to be tossed around like this in the process of getting it to your door. It’s just that the final delivery to the door is the most visible to the end customer. Personally, unless the product arrived damaged, I probably wouldn’t make a formal complaint about it.

As for comparing UPS and FedEx, I’ve never personally had any significant issues from either. I realize this is likely a matter of being lucky, but I don’t have any real reason to personally ask for one over the other. I’ve also not had any significant issues with Amazon’s own delivery service (other than one time when something was delivered to a neighbor’s door, but that was quickly resolved thanks to the delivery photo), though I know a lot of people have had significant issues with that.

Has anybody needed to sign for the laptop here? I tried looking at the “Manage Deliver” options, but it says, “due to shipper restrictions, additional delivery options are not available for this shipment,” so I’m not sure if it requires a signature, and it seems I can’t pre-sign for it if I do. I want to know if I need to make sure I’m available all day to receive the delivery or not.

I got another update on my delivery tracking this morning. It traveled a fairly short distance overnight, but it is moving. There were two things I noticed that I thought were kind of funny: 1) According to Google Maps, the package went the wrong way for a ground delivery, and 2) It must have been accidentally scanned twice when it arrived because there are two “Arrived at FedEx location” messages a minute apart.

2 Likes

Update:

(DIY i7-1165G7)

12/3 - Ordered
12/7 - Confirmed, charged
12/10 - Tracking number!
12/14 - Estimated arrival! Stay tuned!

1 Like

As @LRFLEW said, it’s true that end delivery is most visible. Certainly handling during hand-offs might be rougher. There is no visible damage to the laptop, and I got it put together this afternoon and verified it boots. Even got Windows installed. I won’t bother with a complaint form.

My laptop is halfway to me! At Honolulu waiting for a plane to Sydney,

4 Likes

Me too and it’s been 8 days now (hasn’t been updated from the pre-order confirmed status) :confused:

Edit: sent an inquiry email about my order.

1 Like

Update on my timeline:
12/4/21: Ordered
12/7/21: Shipping soon, card charged
12/9/21: Shipped
12/13/21: Delivered

Mine was ordered on 30th of Nov.
Shipped and delivered to myUs warehouse on 10th of December already.
MyUS is now processing the package, so I might get it shipped to Europe on Monday or Tuesday.
Can’t wait!

1 Like

Just got my framework laptop today. It’s missing the Windows 10 USB drive that should’ve came with my order, and I’m getting a “Default Boot Device Missing” error when the PC is turned on.

I’ve submitted a ticket to get this stuff resolved. On the bright side, installing everything else was smooth sailing :+1:

1 Like

@William_Crespo if it’s a DIY you need to download windows. Your license key should be in your order or account info on the framework site.

2 Likes

@lbkNhubert - Got any advice on the “default boot device missing” error?

Hi @William_Crespo, if it is a DIY then there is no OS pre-installed, and you’ll need to follow the steps here:

1 Like

@lbkNhubert understood, and thank you! I just want to confirm that my boot drive issue isn’t due to me bringing my own SSD drive, which is my concern at this point.