The League of Batch 6

Nope! Once you have a bootable USB flash drive (with Windows it sounds like, in your case) it should recognize the USB drive and boot up ok. You then can go about installing the OS to your SSD. Good luck getting things going, the community here has helped me many times over, it’s a great resource.

2 Likes

Starting to daily drive my Framework and loving it. Only have Windows installed for now but I did partition my SSD for an eventual Linux dual-boot.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Do you possibly live close to one of the distribution points? If so, ground delivery may arrive just as quickly and therefore cost less on the part of Framework.

I’m on the east coast. Mine was shipped from New Jersey. I saw a post somewhere else seeming to indicate all east coast shipments were originating from New Jersey.

Nope. It shipped out of New Jersey, and that would be a multi-day road-trip for me. Also, it’s already past the 2-day mark, so it (presumably) would have been faster with the higher-tier shipping.

My status update: FedEx predicted the laptop would be delivered today, but it didn’t. At around 2am, it “departed” from a city that’s around a 3 hour drive from here, and 17 hours later it was “in transit” in a town neighboring mine. Either it hit some rediculous traffic, or the shipment truck had to make a number of drop-offs and/or pick-ups, and the original estimate was never going to be hit at all. I predict it will most likely get here tomorrow, but FedEx is not making any estimates at this point.

Well shoot. That really stinks. Hopefully FedEx gets it straightened out.

I’m in Oregon and it was shipped from NJ with Fedex ground last week. It was originally scheduled to be delivered by the 15th but they moved faster than I expected and it now says it will be delivered tomorrow. It is however at a fedex facility about 30 mins from here as of last night so i’m hoping it gets delivered today.

1 Like

12/13 - Arrived, a day early relative to FedEx’s tracking even as of five minutes before the guy knocked on my door.

No signature collected, but FedEx driver made a point of ringing the bell and knocking, and then handing it to me when I answered.

Looking forward to putting it together and then putting it through its paces!

4 Likes

I finally pulled the trigger on an i5 DIY model last night. Payment was processed and I got the “Your order is shipping soon!” email an hour ago. Looking forward to getting my hands on this thing!

3 Likes

Update: this isn’t happening. I got another “in transit” ping from the same nearby town exactly 12 hours after the previous one. That town is like a 15-30 minute drive from here, and I’d totally go pick it up if that were a possibility. At this point, though, it would have missed the delivery truck for today, so tomorrow is the earliest I can reasonably expect it, but it seems they are in no rush to actually get it to me.

1 Like

My DIY is now built and Windows 10 installed (note: definitely use the Windows Media Creation Tool to create your boot-stick; otherwise, results are not reliable). As others have mentioned, installing the WiFi card is easily the trickiest part of this, because those antenna leads are just tricksy. The instructions available via the QR codes definitely helped. Everything else was a breeze, and I was never even tempted to go get my iFixit tools–the included T5/spudger tool really is all you need!

3 Likes

Update: DIY i5-1135G7

12/3 - Ordered
12/13 - Confirmed, charged

So far, so good.

Still no laptop here, and still no update to the tracking information since early this morning. Tomorrow is the “Standard Transit” date, so if I’m understanding FedEx’s terms correctly, then they need to deliver it tomorrow or they’ll owe Framework a refund or credit on the shipping costs. If it doesn’t arrive tomorrow, I’ll probably reach out to Framework’s support to see what they think.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on any of the predicted delivery dates. FedEx doesn’t seem to be very reliable anymore. I had seen my delivery estimate first jump from Friday to the next Tuesday, then suddenly a failed delivery attempt on Sunday (even though the receiving facility claims to be open 24h) with new delivery by Tuesday, and then finally it got delivered on Monday (at least that’s what it says, it has yet to show up in the freight forwarder’s system).

So here’s the complete time line:

Nov 27 - ordered DIY i7-1185G7
Nov 30 - preparing to ship
Dec 02 - charged & shipping soon
Dec 08 - shipped
Dec 13 - delivered in FL

Or maybe it’s just this happening:

1 Like

The tracking for mine said it would be delivered today, 12/14. But it got delivered yesterday!! Unfortunately I had no time to put it together and get it up and running. But I’m happy it’s here!

1 Like

Day 3 of getting an “In Transit” update in the neighboring town but no scheduled delivery. :sob:

EDIT: It officially missed the “standard transit” date, and the package is officially marked as “delayed”. I’m hoping this will cause it to be worked through the system faster, as I’m sure a “delayed” package is a mark on their metrics, so some manager will have an incentive to make sure this package doesn’t prevent them from getting their bonus.

Here’s my timeline, shipping to California.

• 9 December, 10:40 - Intel i7-1165G7 DIY ordered confirmed
  • 9 December, 20:46 - shipping soon
  • 15 December, 07:22 - shipping delay due to 500GB - WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe, was told it should ship Thursday or Friday latest

My package was shipped and there’s delays for me too unfortunately. It arrived in Vancouver, and it made it to a “On FedEx vehicle for delivery”. Unfortunately they didn’t make the delivery yesterday, changed it to a “before end of day” after missing the “Before 5 PM” delivery, then today they changed it to “Pending” with no set delivery date anymore. I don’t know how it went from it being on a truck being delivered to “We don’t know when we can deliver this for you”

Day 4 of getting an “In Transit” update from FedEx going nowhere, but this time I actually got another update. This morning, it was tagged as “At local FedEx facility”, though a few minutes later it was tagged as “Arrived at FedEx location”, which is a little confusing. (That was the tag used for the intermediate facilities, so is it not the final facility?) The updated delivery date is now today, but there hasn’t been an update saying its on the delivery truck, and at this point I’m not trusting anything until it’s at my door.

Yeah, FedEx’s estimates are wonky. They don’t seem to take tracking data into account whatsoever. And will just increment until the package arrives.

Tuesday, the tracking information showed the package wasn’t in my province yet
Estimated delivery: Today by 8pm

8pm rolls around.
Estimated delivery: Today by end of day

Today, the tracking shows it arrived at the facility, but isn’t out for delivery yet
Estimated delivery: Today by 8pm

It still says that, even though it’s 6:30pm, and the package hasn’t been put on a truck yet :laughing: You’d think with all the data they have, they could do a little better. At least don’t give estimates that are physically impossible.

2 Likes

It sucks to hear the experience everyone’s having with FedEx. I had a similar experience with them about a year ago with some custom mechanical keyboard parts.

I placed my order on the 12th, payment was processed on the 13th, and today on the 15th I just got notification that my order has shipped. Estimated delivery is tomorrow, the 16th. We’ll see if it actually gets here that fast. If it’s here this week, I’ll be impressed.

Out of curiosity, what shipping method did everyone select? Framework is offering free expedited shipping right now, so that’s what I got. FedEx calls it “International Priority”