[TRACKING] Fingerprint reader failing to register on 13th gen

I’m also happy to test if you need any more people.
13th gen i5, Fedora 38

Weird request, however, can all who are interested in helping indicate if they’ve ever run Windows on their 13th gen - we ask this as there are considerations here. Just update your existing posts in this thread with this detail

Ran Windows at one time - Yes/No

If unable to edit previous post, examples below are just fine.

I haven’t reported this before, but I’m also seeing this same issue. To answer the question;

Ran Windows at one time - No

Running 13th Gen i5, Linux Mint 21.2

1 Like

Wasn’t able to update my existing post?

1 Like

Not certain how to update post, so just re-posting with update.

Ran Windows at one time -No

1 Like

“Ran windows at one time” – No

@Kreese @Kyle_Wendholt @Michael_Sheldon @Richard_Simmons please check your forum DMs - please keep coms to DMs as I need to make sure folks with unrelated issues are not skewing the results by trying this without vetting.

Thanks

1 Like

I couldn’t update my previous post. I have never run windows on my framework 13.

1 Like

Check DM please. @jnials

Those contacted - images are fine, but we really, really need text output as this is going to be shared in text. Thanks

1 Like

13th Gen Ubuntu 22.04 here. Can help test, if needed.

1 Like

Hi,

Happy to help with the testing.

Framework 13 (13th Gen)
Brand new (just got delivered a couple of hours ago) full DIY laptop
Ubuntu 23.04
Never run windows
No firmware update

Thanks.

1 Like

Ran Windows at one time - No (Ubuntu 22.04)

1 Like

Framework 13 (13th gen)
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
No update to firmware.
You may reach out to me directly

1 Like

Which Intel generation?

@AdamB, @Darren_Poulson, @Joseph_Vellella, @Alpheus please check your forum DMs for instructions, please follow them very carefully and reply with outcome and all output please.

@jennyd looking forward to getting clarification on the Intel generation (11th, 12th or 13th) or if you had a replacement kit for your previous input kit.

Those contacted - images are fine, but we really, really need text output as this is going to be shared in text. Thanks

Thanks

1 Like

Update for the masses - things are shaping up really well. We’re still testing, but I like what I see over all thus far. The above batch of users will be the likely last batch of beta testers needed. Then we should be moving forward from there once we confirm all is well.

Those with open DMs on this, just reach out to me there if you have questions/concerns instead of posting here. Thanks

3 Likes

Those who beta tested and had issues, there was a stepped missed in your logs and we’ll reach out to you to have you fix it.

Everyone else who tested and had success - we’re good to get this switch to public. We will be taking the next steps with Goodix for fwupd.

Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Appreciate the updates and prompt response, this is the only thing not working for me on Fedora 38 which is already impressive to me coming from numerous other machines that had loads of configuration needed to get them stable.

2 Likes