Ubuntu 21.10 / Tiger Lake sound?

Thanks. When I ran the command I looked briefly and I did not realise it was a cumulative count. For me it is going up at a rate of ~40/s.

Support have offered to replace my mainboard to try and fix this issue.

I would be surprised if that does not solve the issue. Here is to hoping all is well with the new board.

Swapped in the board just now and audio worked from the first boot :man_shrugging: - so this is definitely some sort of hardware quirk, as I haven’t changed anything from old board to new - simply shut down and swapped the mainboard.

Side note: experience says replacing a laptop mainboard shouldn’t take less than 15 mins but now we live in a world with Frameworks and I’m down with that :relieved:

1 Like

Thanks for all the debugging everyone, Since swapping the mainboard seems to fix this issue there seems to be something hardware specific that is being exposed in newer Linux kernels.

I have also not been able to reproduce this issue on my systems here.

I have requested our RMA center to get one of the returned units sent to me so we can debug the hardware further and see if we can figure out what is going on.

1 Like

Same for me. I hope the other users with this issue have been able to get resolution too.

1 Like

Sounds awesome. How do I requisition a replacement mobo?

1 Like