11th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.19 release

Thanks! Though I think I have the opposite issue, so far only the CSME has been updated. Appreciate your prior work though

Success! I booted into a gparted live usb to pad the last partition to leave room for the GPT, and then booted into a live arch iso to convert my disk from MBR to GPT. Afterwards, I ran the BIOS update utility. It silently failed the first time since I wasn’t charging, but after I plugged in and tried again I got the green progress bar and it successfully updated to 3.19. Thanks @DHowett for your help!

Glad it worked out!

1 Like

FWIW, I just did this upgrade and I think the knowledge base instructions should include the following explicit steps to avoid traps for the unwary:

1. when unzipping the bios zip file to your USB drive, make sure to preserve directory structure, else your resultant disk will not be bootable.

2. when updating the bios make sure your laptop is plugged in to charge, otherwise the system update will silently fail to run and you will be stuck on the old bios version.

Those two tips would have saved me the better part of an hour of frustration just now. :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Getting error 404 when trying to download bios 3.19 at https://downloads.frame.work/bios/Framework_Laptop_11th_Gen_Intel_Core_BIOS_3.19.exe

Just tried it and had no issues downloading it. Perhaps try another browser?

I had no issues downloading it, can you please check again?

Having to do multiple updates to go from 3.10 to 3.19 is certainly not something that I expected to need to do.

Also, it seems like as the updating process is meant to update multiple things (described as the OP as “a bundle of updates”), some can succeed while others fail (I know this because trying the 3.19 update, directly from 3.10, a second time recognized something as being the same version). It would be good to know what the expected result is when we are done beyond knowing that, on Linux, sudo dmidecode -s bios-version should output 03.19 (or whatever the procedure is to get this information on Windows).

How many other things does the update change, where/how do we check to verify them (can you) & what are expecting to see to confirm that they were properly updated?

2 Likes

For anyone having issues with the USB method try disconnecting your SSD prior to booting the usb and running the update. There is some naive logic in the disk detection code.