11th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.20 Release and Driver Bundle Update

You installed the Framework Driver bundle on the 11th Gen?

This one

https://downloads.frame.work/bios/Framework_Laptop_13_11th_Gen_Intel_Core_BIOS_3.20_EFI.zip

Oops! See next reply from me

Yes I am not talking about bios but the drivers bundle on windows. I did check fingerprint reader driver it still shows old version
I get this error

OK so this is what you downloaded ?? and run

https://downloads.frame.work/driver/Framework_Laptop_13_11th_Gen_Intel_Core_driver_bundle_W11__2024_06_25.exe

or are you using Win 10 ???

Yes and it is windows 11

1 Like

thanks, do we have any other way to update

Given the question: If you ran the [.exe] why would you wonder?

Is something not working?

I can’t emulate your command in the terminal.

What Fingerprint driver do you have?

My driver is from 1/3/2024 [3.12804.0.240]

I noticed you asked in another topic, but not a great idea to spread it around. Make sit difficult to track and for searching.

What makes you think the drivers are not up to date ??

Fingerprint is 2021 driver

The other topic mentioned why it is not working someone sent the link here and bot deleted it

So if you have the 11th Gen Intel and Win 11

• Connect to mains to ensure power
  • Ensure you have the correct zip
  • Unzip and click on the [exe]

But the question will be then ~ why would you think it didn’t work?

I mean if you think it isn’t working or isn’t something working.

The depending upon which of the two what do you do exactly to check all is OK or to try and resolve a know problem.

Is all seems OK don’t check.
I don’t use the fingerprint reader . . .

sorry, i was typed last reply on phone, i meant fingerprint driver it is from 2021 (3.12804.0.140) only not like 2024 or the version mentioned in the bundle. doesn’t it mean bundle didn’t update driver?

As i said previously (refer screenshot) in the gives an error message. The post @Second_Coming linked he mentioned that framework is using some option which was removed in latest insider build.

No it means that driver is old not that the whole driver package didn’t update.

Note what I suggested and queried:

:wheel_of_dharma:

Check the driver version via BIOS etc.

Hi Amoun see this topic from other user

I note you posted there, which is just a duplicate of your query here and on it’s own would just add to difficulties searching and finding your issue.

• You say you have an 11th Gen that post clearly states it’s a 12th Gen
  • That also refers to the driver package not running, you didn’t say that even though I asked
  • I asked you to confirm with ideas and queries but you ignored my requests and ideas

I do not see any way to continue with you.

:wheel_of_dharma:

I didn’t quite understand your post initially, so I held off replying as I was waiting to check the driver version from the BIOS. Since WMIC is enabled on my system, that’s not the issue. I ran the bundle.exe again a few minutes ago and encountered the same “folder missing” error. Meanwhile, three unrelated Intel drivers appeared in Windows Update, which I’ve just installed. One of those was the Intel Display Driver, version 32.xxx.xx.xx. Regarding the Intel Management Engine, I’m currently on version 2406.5.5.0 from August. I posted to ask for suggestions on how to confirm whether the driver package bundle ran successfully, I had no ideas. but I’m unsure if the issue lies with just that driver or the entire package.

I also didn’t fully understand the part where you said, “That also refers to the driver package not running. You didn’t mention that, even though I asked.” Could you clarify that?

Worrying to see that even more people have had their devices soft-bricked due to the S3 / “mem_sleep_default=deep” and 3.20 BIOS fiasco…

The LogoFail vulnerability is still not fixed on 11th gen. It is 10 months after it got public.
Is there an ETA to fix this vulnerability (and others)?

Have you seen this

I posted a link to an article about this yesterday. As I understand it the attacker would need physical access to the device to change the logo, so the danger is pretty low, though not negligible.

Maybe keep the queries to the dedicated topic ??

Based on analysis from Binarly, we believe each of our currently launched platforms except Chromebook Edition is vulnerable to some form of LogoFAIL. We are working with our upstream UEFI supplier, Insyde, in order to get the necessary update from them to resolve this. This is occurring as part of our sustaining software initiative.

In early 2022, it was found that s2idle and deep resulted in the same battery drain (dependent on which expansion cards we had plugged in) if we just added “nvme.noacpi=1” to the kernel parameters [1]: [TRACKING] Linux battery life tuning - #225 by tim300

I’ve had mine set to s2idle ever since. What benefit have you found when using deep?

Anyway, due to what seemed like ongoing concerns about the the 3.19 (with EFI installer) and 3.20 BIOS updates, I delayed doing them myself until this past week. The 3.19 update early in the week was uneventful. After detecting no issues for a few days, I did the 3.20 yesterday. I realized after one failed attempt that I needed to disable secure boot, and then it went smoothly. GNOME Settings → System → About → System Details reports that my firmware version is now 3.20. I enabled secure boot again, turned down the power button LED brightness again, and everything seems fine so far. Thanks again to the Framework team for continuing to support this three year-old hardware!

[1] Edited to add: I see now that the kernel parameter is no longer recommended (nor is TLP), so I’ve made changes to my system accordingly. We’ll see if I notice any difference: Ubuntu 24.04 on the Framework Laptop 13 - #32 by Phillip_Elvey

For me with s2idle (and nvme.noacpi=1) laptop lasts only ~16-18 hours in sleep, whereas with deep it lasts 2-3days; I’ve also noticed that in s2idle the laptop keeps warm, whereas with deep it cools down to room temperature (i.e. that there seems to be a difference in what systems get suspended too); In any case… It’s extremely unlikely that I will ever buy or recommend framework to anyone again, even if you completely ignore all the documented sleep issues they have, purely on the basis of poor customer support and non-existent communication to their customers of significant changes. Also, even with 3.20 their firmware still reports “deep” as a supported state, however if you enable that, it soft-bricks your laptop requiring a forced reset by taking the battery out. This is not acceptable.