3:2 desktop wallpapers

@feesh thank you for the links!
I will be using these in the morning to hopefully create some interesting wallpapers.
I’ll try to keep the number of tech-inspired ones and aesthetic-inspired ones pretty even, but if anyone has ideas please tell me it anyone else willing to take them

There are the backgrounds I am using.

Here is a link to the PNG and Photoshop files. I am adding more to that drive whenever I get the feeling of changing my background.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11BPY4cc_QpV7iY9zMq0tmf5kXkVKkD64?usp=sharing

21 Likes

These pics reminds me of KDE wallpapers :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m surprised that noone has tried making a Brotherhood of Steel background with the Framework gear.

2 Likes

Something like this? It’s just a PNG logo and not a wallpaper, but when I saw the gears behind the sword I jumped to the connection.

This is just quickly scrapped together and isn’t made to be a final product

9 Likes

I ended up making this as my home screen for my phone with some simple icons. (2nd pic is the before shot)

I ended up changing my wallpaper from the Vibrant 2 wallpaper to this Mojave x Framework one I made as the vibrant one was too bright at night for my eyes.
If you want this style for a WinDynamicDesktop wallpaper, I made one here.

11 Likes

For Windows

For Linux

Used light themed bright backgrounds because of the reflective screen.

7 Likes

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I made a few with the Framework logo! They’re all svg (created using Inkscape).

Since svg uploads are apparently not permitted:

base image (everything else is based off of playing with different Inkscape effects applied to the logo and/or the background).
background 1
background 2
background 3

Feel free to modify and build on this stuff! All of these are CC0 :blush: I also might release additional variations as I think of them (and/or have time to play with the different effects).

2 Likes

Use a Google Drive or Mega link

I use Backblaze B2, so that’s how I linked to them :slight_smile: It’s just odd that svgs aren’t permitted haha

1 Like

I’d never even heard of that till now. New tech is never bad, lol.
Your designs are great btw. Can’t see what others will do with them.

2 Likes

Haha they’ve been around for a while, and they’re not nearly as well-known as they should be imo.

Thanks! Can’t wait to see how others spin them off as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really? I’m on mobile so I don’t have that protection. Time for Google, I guess

Edit: it seems safe enough, but looks can be deceiving.

Definitely a false positive. Although people can use B2 as a backing store for any website (with an appropriate setup), so I guess there could be cases where malware was distributed through B2 (like they can through S3 or any other cloud hosting provider).

The platform as a whole though is simply a similar service to S3, so it’s sort of silly to say the entire domain is malicious.

[Edit] My instinct was correct on this. For example, see this forum post.

2 Likes

I made another wallpaper but couldnt decide whether I liked light or dark more…
what do you think? :thinking:

• Light
  • Dark

0 voters

buildings 1 wp light 1

15 Likes

Clever. But what about a similar high res image of under the keyboard. Would it be possible for you to post one of those?
It doesn’t make logical sense like the lid image, but under the keyboard is so much more aesthetically pleasing.

3 Likes

I made this backdrop for mine. It seemed appropriate since I’ve selected Win10 as the OS.

25 Likes

@Kyle_Clements Nice! Downloaded.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’ve been posting wallpapers in the Off Topic forum under the FanArt thread. I’ll fix that with this wallpaper. Enjoy.

5 Likes