[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

yes they are maybe (probably) i even wanted to post into that other memory compat thread for amd framework 13 laptop over there Memory compatibility FW 13 AMD Ryzen™ 7040U series DDR5-SODIMM-5600MT/s
mybad.

the other manufacturers and those entries are just examples of other people what they are running in those maybe comparable machines.

1 Like

Just bought two of these Crucial 24GB DDR5-5600 SODIMM | CT24G56C46S5 | Crucial.com , hoping they serve me alright.

2 Likes

17 Likes

Not part of the AMD batch 1 group, but please, when you will have it - tell us about the battery life :smiley: .

I really am curious if AMD chips are better in terms of battery life.
(hope you’ll get your fw laptop soon :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: )

7 Likes

Just so weird seeing stuff like this from the framework team:

“ It’s been a couple weeks since launch, and we wanted to provide you with an update chock-full of transparency as to why we’re still delayed on getting back to some of you in the Framework Support queues.”

Why are they so transparent about everything except the ryzen 13?

Just send out a couple updates on the status? Why so secretive?

The last forum reply was saying it’s not even in MP phase yet, it must be so behind they’re scared to say anything else?

7 Likes

Where did we see that it was shipping in early Q3? At the Next Level Event presentation, Nirav said that they were “shipping in Q3”. In the Announcement by the Framework Team, they state "with batches shipping as early as Q3 this year." I know I saw early Q3 somewhere. I hope those sticks of memory that I bought are good. I won’t be able to return it if I get my laptop in October.

2 Likes

Even if it once said early Q3 somewhere, that was always an estimated ship date, and it has since said Q3 for a long time, even my original Batch 1 email confirmation says Q3. We just passed the 1/3 mark of Q3 so we’re barely outside of what you might consider “early.”

I get it’s frustrating for people who need a computer for the school year, for example, but I don’t know what people are expecting when we’re still on time by their current estimates.

4 Likes

Maybe if it had said “before Q4” it would have balanced the perceived expectations a little more :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m keeping my eye on the i7-1360P page. That currently says shipping August, as soon as it says ‘ships within 5 business days’, I am hoping the AMD delivery emails won’t be too far behind.

I recently added an expansion card to my order. After I got that resolved I decided to ask support about an update. I found their response really annoying and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Me: When we pre-ordered our laptops, all of us who ordered Batch 1 remember that your system said that it would ship “early Q3”. Obviously, that isn’t going to happen now. However, since we all were told that, it would be really great to get an update on the earliest that we could get an email from you requesting payment. It’s been two months since Linus received his new AMD motherboard. Personally, I’m wasting too much time searching for any updates. A comment here would be greatly appreciated: [RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

FW:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry and we understand that you want to know the status of your order. e to assist you. Let’s see how we can help you with it.

Our apologies if you haven’t received any email updates from us. We know the wait can be difficult, but we kindly ask for your patience while we process your order. We aren’t currently able to provide order-specific ship date estimates narrower than the Q3 (July to September 2023) the Batch ships in due to a number of factors. We’re definitely working to improve the end-to-end process from order to shipment, and when things are less fluid, we’ll be able to provide more precise shipping dates in the future. You may refer to our process to the previously sent email.

​​Thank you for your inquiry and please, have a great day!

Regards,

Framework Support

Me: You can at least estimate that it won’t ship in July, the first week in August (and probably the second?). Knowing that we won’t hear anything for at least two weeks is actually valuable to us. Simple updates in the batch 1 group would help. Again, we were told that Batch one would ship early in Q1. That time has passed.

FW:

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. Again apologies for not being able to provide specific ship date. Once there is a movement on your order we will be sending you an update. Should ship within Q3 (July to September 2023).

​​Thank you for your inquiry and please, have a great day!

Regards,

Framework Support

1 Like

To be fair, in the pre-order confirmation PDF that I exported on the day I pre-ordered, it is written:

Estimated delivery date
Batch 1 - Ships Q3
4 Likes

I really don’t care if I get my order the final day of Q3, that’s fine with me. I just want some updates instead of wondering every week, we could have been told over a month ago “it won’t ship in July or August”

9 Likes

FWIW the Batch 2 orders state the following on the view my order page:

Free Shipping Batch 2 - Ships late Q3

3 Likes

Are we sure it ever said specifically “Early Q3” for the batch 1 orders, rather than just Q3? I think it may have been an assumption some of us made based on the fact that the other batches said “Late Q3”, and then the assumption kind of propagated through the message board.

6 Likes

I am 99% sure that the order page stated “Early Q3” for Batch 1, the order confirmation mail simply says “Q3”.

That “Early Q3” came from that order page. It’s simply what it said :wink:

As I said - I am more than okay with delays, even into Q4. Provided there is communication from framework. We don’t know how many laptops are in Batch 1 and/or Batch 2, we will see how this turns out.

6 Likes

The support team eigher has

• no idea on the current status of the production of AMD Framework (i.e. isn’t really able to answer your question properly)

• or it is still a way to go and we shouldn’t expect any deliveries until end of august / september.

2 Likes

The Batch 1 order confirmation email says the following for both the Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 pre-order

Estimated delivery date
Ships Q3

Sorry.

1 Like

The lack of communication here now that we’re solidly into Q3 is really concerning. Delays are fine, silence is not.

7 Likes

The joke is on us, you are all debating if the order page said

Q3 or early Q3…

they could have meant Q3 2024 :laughing:

13 Likes

Or they have been instructed to say nothing at all until a public announcement is made.

Yes it is frustrating for us who are on the edge of our keyboards waiting for an update (I’m definitely one of them https://xkcd.com/281/) but they have not broken any obligations to us as of yet.

We pre-ordered knowing that it will ship in Q3 sometime. Q3 isn’t over yet so we (unfortunately) need to keep refreshing the forum and our email every week/day/hour until they announce.

It sucks not knowing when they will ship but it is far less trouble for Framework to say nothing until they are ready to go.

Edit: spelling.

6 Likes