[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Sometime in Q3.

2 Likes

Hopefully yes … Batch 1 was “early Q3” and Batch 2 “late Q3” iirc? Could be wrong though.

Not being in production makes me a bit “nervous” for two batches in Q3

I don’t care - I want it to be a good product, if it takes a few more months, so be it. I am sure that if that happens, there will be communication :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks, I thought they said early Q3. If it’s not (and it looks like it might not be), that’s OK. I just wish they would send a message along the lines of “Please be on the lookout for a payment request in the next 2-4 weeks for the final payment on your reservation.” It would help with juggling finances.

5 Likes

my ram came today
now I’m completely ready
patiently waiting :slight_smile:

Anyone willing to trade a 16" batch 1 preorder slot for a 13" AMD batch 1 preorder slot? :smiley:
Is this allowed?

@LukasHeiligenbrunner lol I have both batch 1 slots. I have no idea how I got so lucky. I’ll probably be cancelling my 13 and going with the 16 but haven’t 100% made up my mind yet. I am curious if you could trade…

1 Like

@Morpheus636 I’d love to see a blog post about the ETA of the Ryzen variant. I know you mentioned in the other thread that there isn’t much to post since it’s so similar to the Intel 13 but I think it’s important for people waiting to know that this is still coming and that there set or reset an expectation for when Batches will be delivered.

4 Likes

I’m not a framework employee, just a volunteer community moderator, so that’s not up to me. When there’s more info to share, Framework will send it via email.

1 Like

Yeah seriously, no excuses now. We are about to be a full month into Q3 and we can’t even get a timeline update :laughing:

4 Likes

batch 1 gang on life support

7 Likes

me patiently waiting for the payment / shipping email:

9 Likes

its-been84years-titanic

5 Likes

I would trade my 13" batch 5 for your batch 1.
It’s great, because you can take more time to whatever :laughing:

4 Likes

everytime I get an email I’m all :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

7 Likes

Sameeeee

1 Like

Praying it’ll release before the new school term starts, but with how it feels like every time I hear news about it, it’s saying that it’s not that close, I’m a bit concerned about that

6 Likes

I think I have some good news about that Crucial kit!

I found a review posted recently that shows a screenshot from CPU-Z for the memory kit. Beside it is the CPU-Z readout from my desktop, with DDR4-3200 XMP memory:

As you can see, the DDR5-5600 speed is a JEDEC profile in the memory, rather than XMP or EXPO. Considering it’s half the price of what Framework is currently charging, I think I’ll go for it with the recent price drop.

Hopefully batch 1 will ship soon, considering we’re a month into Q3. Personally I just need it before a trip in December, but it would be great if they’re able to ship them out in time for school starting back up.

7 Likes

@LeeNeighoff awesome man that’s great news. I ended up going for that kit, so hopefully it’s all good!

1 Like

I find it quite disappointing that the specs of the memories we are interested in are not clear. We end up relying on our own dubious interpretations and user reviews. :frowning:

I wish there were some sort of standard that all memory manufacturers used to display the specifications, something like KIID (Key Investor Information Document) but for memory specs.

2 Likes

And don’t bother Framework support about it, you’ll just have a “buy our DDR that has been tested” without any other information that everyone is asking.
Yup disappointing :disappointed:

2 Likes