AMD Batch 10 Guild

Got my delivery to Vienna in Austria one day earlier, the 13th instead of 14th.

5 Likes

My mainboard arrived, and just installed it.

It’s scary how quiet the fan is compared to my previous 11th I5 board.

2 Likes

Totally! I’m digging the upgrade as well. Out of curiosity, what’s your battery life looking like (assuming you are using the original stock battery)?

I was using TLP on my i5, and since the FW guides advice against it, maybe a bit less? OG battery, tempted to get the new one, but it’s not a huge deal, I’m usually near a plug.

1 Like

Weighing in on the battery life thing, I’m seeing a good 5-6 hours of mainly productively focused use after going through all the normal battery life stuff (regedit, startup, background tasks, power mode, etc), I’m also running the laptop at 80% max battery capacity and general keeping it at no less than 20%. I could probably push it to 8-9 100%-0%, but I like my battery health :wink: Side note: I highly HIGHLY recommend rebinding the main power button to put the machine into hibernation instead of just sleep (google Windows Modern Standby if you don’t know what I’m talking about).

Okay, yeah, that’s about what I’m seeing right now. I’m really itching for that 61Wh battery when it becomes available again… I’m not running Windows, but I set the mem_sleep_default=deep kernel argument which does help.

I wish the battery threshold could be something that could be set by systemd, but apparently support isn’t there yet. For now, I’m setting charge threshold via BIOS :confused:

I haven’t looked into EC stuff yet

I’ve used 2 different screens (just installed a matte screen this month), I haven’t seen anything like that for any distro on the matte or glossy displays. This should be a support call, IMO.

Tracking location hasn’t changed in 2 days now, shipping to Europe(Germany) from all I can tell still in china, supposed to arrive today.

Same for me to France should be delivered by noon today but no tracking change since the 12th

1 Like

Installing Nixos for fun, and it’s so weird not hearing the fan spin high and how much faster it goes through the installer.

Seems to be in Germany at the moment and scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. Very much excited for it!

Germany user, I received this morning around 11 (middle franconia), came via Paris and Köln overnight.
BIOS was the 3.03 already, install was easy, had to fiddle with the bezel a bit, corner was snapping out of place, reseated couple of times.
I replaced wifi with ax210 just for peace of mine, ram, ssd install were uneventful.
Whole thing was fairly easy, I am not used to doing this so took maybe a good 30 minutes for it. Just installing drivers and everything after I installed win 11. I will probably try Arch at some point but now I don’t have time for it, traveling on Saturday morning.
Unfortunately media keys are default and it’s super annoying I almost never use those and use F keys all the time though. It’s a notebook thing nowadays. Also keyboard is very meh after my thinkpad, wrong key shape and texture a bit, otherwise ok. Keys are pretty huge, F keys are tiny so a bit problematic to use, but this is also not surprising, it’s a notebook thing nowadays. Wish they were a couple mm longer. I may need to use an external keyboard for any serious task but eh.
Anyway shipping and install went uneventful so 5 star for those.

Has been like this since 12.12

Hi there, fellow guilders… Same here… Stuck in Roissy-CDG/France with FedEx, scheduled for today to Belgium, no updates since 12th. My guess would be that the package is still with customs. Busy times, indeed.
Furthermore, i have read numerous times that deliverers appear to have left packages in front of doors instead of delivering personally. Are these isolated cases? What happens if someone steals the package? I would be (very) much more appeased to know, the delivering service requiring a signature or some other form of identification/proof of delivery.

Just for info this is how my tracking looked like:

I may be more fortunate than others but I work in a relatively flexible way and made sure I was in home office to not risk package getting lost. I had to sign in the dumb sign with finger way (so a monkey could have signed it but they did require some interaction).

1 Like

@Endre Thanks for your quick reply… Well, everything is better than just leaving packages like this simply on the doorstep. These must be just isolated cases… Have fun with your new FW…

I ordered a mainboard + RAM + wificard, so it’s was in a relatively thin envelope, that they just put though the slot, so a little scary knowing that even though it says fragile they still flop it on the doormat, inside, but still.

fn + esc = fn lock are your friends :wink:

1 Like

In Vienna it was just a signature that was needed.

1 Like

Tracking is updated to France.

Back to China, don’t think I will get it today. A bit sad not having it for the weekend

1 Like