AMD Batch 4 Guild

Same here! 3.03 is correcting some issues and Fedora 39 should be out of beta soon (if it isn’t already). It’s all coming together, lol.

2 Likes

Nice, framework has great customer service
Also randomly found how to quote

I was excited to order this back in May for what it is. But it’s also been surprisingly fun to watch this community of like minded enthusiasts come together! :wave:

In other news, I just ordered my RAM (Crucial RAM 16GB DDR5 5600MT/s CT16G56C46S5) on Amazon this morning since it hit a new low. From what I’ve gathered, this one seems compatible and doing fine. Just got a single 16 GB stick for now and I’ll order a second in the future if needed. (I know performance would be better with two, but I’m not doing any gaming or heavy work on this thing.)

5 Likes

Hey Buds!
I have a batch 5 11th gen i5 running fedora and I’ve been waiting for the ryzen to upgrade. So glad that they’re finally coming!

1 Like

I am excited to hear that Batch 3 is preparing. Already got my nvme drive and ram ready. I also had my first impressions on 12th gen Intel Framework 13. It real solid device, installation and setup was pretty straight forward, at least for a tech savy person like me. Do you guys and gals have any recommendations on which sleeve to get?

2 Likes

Woohoo!

We’re preparing Batch 4 of Framework Laptop 13 (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series)! Please review your info.

We’re preparing to ship Framework Laptops in your batch! Thanks for your patience as we worked through development and testing. We have a subset of Batch 4 products currently in inventory in our warehouse, and we’ll be producing the rest over the next few weeks.

12 Likes

hah, I came rushing here to say the same!

Now I just have to order that SK Hynix Gold P31 and I’ll be all set.

1 Like

Just received the mail as well !!
So excited!

3 Likes

Same here

1 Like

stone-cold-steve-austin-beer-bash

3 Likes

LFG insert michael scott its happening gif

1 Like

Sounds like the dbrand top skin I ordered when I pre-ordered the laptop months ago will finally get used soon, lol. The package said “Do not fold” on it, so naturally, it was folded up and crammed in my mailbox. I stuck it between two boxes in my closet to flatten out and forgot all about it until a week or so ago and was like “Oh, right. I bet it’s as flat as it’s going to get by now.”

I’m guessing we’ll start getting charged by the middle of next week and getting shipment notices by the end of next week, maybe? We’ll see. Funny how I can go months without thinking about it all that much, but now that it’s only weeks away I’m suddenly growing impatient.

3 Likes

Great. I didn’t know this existed and of course I’m now off to the dbrand site. You’re not doing any favors for my kids’ college funds @BigT ! :wink:

3 Likes

Ayyyyyyyy! Ay Ay Ay!

2 Likes

Just got my email too! V excited.

4 Likes

And TiKay was also spot on for batch 4 too.

Can’t wait, money has all been transferred and I’m just heading to the d-brand site to find a nice skin to go with my orange bezel.

1 Like

Now my problem is that I can remember that I wanted to put something on the same order as RAM and SSD, but I forgot what it was

1 Like

A laptop sleeve?

I think it wasn’t laptop related but I’m now feeling unkomfortable placing my order

1 Like

Seems like batch 4 is getting into full swing. Got my email as well. Put in the order for all my bring my own parts so it will all be here by the time the laptop eventually arrives.

Kinda annoyed with myself because while I was waiting the price of the G.Skill RAM went up by $20.

1 Like