AMD Batch 4 Guild

Great. I didn’t know this existed and of course I’m now off to the dbrand site. You’re not doing any favors for my kids’ college funds @BigT ! :wink:

3 Likes

Ayyyyyyyy! Ay Ay Ay!

2 Likes

Just got my email too! V excited.

4 Likes

And TiKay was also spot on for batch 4 too.

Can’t wait, money has all been transferred and I’m just heading to the d-brand site to find a nice skin to go with my orange bezel.

1 Like

Now my problem is that I can remember that I wanted to put something on the same order as RAM and SSD, but I forgot what it was

1 Like

A laptop sleeve?

I think it wasn’t laptop related but I’m now feeling unkomfortable placing my order

1 Like

Seems like batch 4 is getting into full swing. Got my email as well. Put in the order for all my bring my own parts so it will all be here by the time the laptop eventually arrives.

Kinda annoyed with myself because while I was waiting the price of the G.Skill RAM went up by $20.

1 Like

Placed my order for Ryzen 5 DIY version on 18th of May, got the e-mail notification yesterday and now ordered 2x16GB Kingston Fury RAM. My machine will then run Debian.

1 Like

I also got the email. I placed my order 24 june (so probably at the very end of the batch). They are catching up quite fast!

1 Like

I ordered mine on May 23rd. I’ll post here if I get any other email about shipping.

1 Like

I ordered back on June 19th

1 Like

I’m from Germany and ordered on June 17th and got a mail yesterday that they will book the money within the next days and will ship within 1-4 weeks.

1 Like

Received the “preparing” email yesterday and I am as excited as everyone else here!

I started ordering the missing parts now. Spent a lot of time hesitating and choosing what SSD and RAM to get, looking at the most expensive options, but there are just no good reviews of SSDs that would take into account all the power management features relevant for laptops… So I decided to embrace the DIY spirit, take it easy and instead find something good and reasonably priced on marketplaces and then, if needed, upgrade later – it’s Framework :slightly_smiling_face:.

Current status:

• SSD: WD SN770 1Tb, brand new sealed => $35 + $5 shipping + $4 taxes - $10 discount (which I, for some reason had on this marketplace) = $34 total
  • RAM: SK Hynix PC5-5600B 2×8Gb (exactly the one listed as kinda tested in the knowledge base) => $30 + $5 shipping + $3 taxes = $38 total

Now waiting for the sellers to ship them, I hope they don’t take too long and everything arrives before the laptop…

3 Likes

I got a 2x16gb kit of crucial 5600mhz ram for about 96$ + tax and a crucial p3 plus 1tb for about 40$ + tax all the way back in June
Now soon I would be able to use it

1 Like

So exciting! Got my email and immediately bought a bunch of “well, if I’m opening the case I may as well also…” upgrades. New screen, new hinges, bigger battery, and the parts I’m gonna need to turn my old motherboard into a little standalone PC for my mom.

2 Likes

I’m excited to get my hands on my order.

2 Likes

I received the email too and looking forward to the bump in performance going from a 4750U to a 7840U! Also, the price of ram has really come down in the last year!

• (2 x 16) 32GB @ 100 USD - Crucial 5600
  • 2TB @ 100 USD - P31
1 Like

I ordered:

• Crucial RAM 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz CT2K16G56C46S5 (108€)
  • WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB (77€)
2 Likes

I’ve had a 1TB drive in my drawer for ages…waiting. But now I’m thinking I should probably use a 2TB, lol. What to do…

1 Like