AMD Batch 4 Guild

I received the email too and looking forward to the bump in performance going from a 4750U to a 7840U! Also, the price of ram has really come down in the last year!

• (2 x 16) 32GB @ 100 USD - Crucial 5600
  • 2TB @ 100 USD - P31
1 Like

I ordered:

• Crucial RAM 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz CT2K16G56C46S5 (108ā‚¬)
  • WD_BLACK SN850X 1TB (77ā‚¬)
2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a 1TB drive in my drawer for agesā€¦waiting. But now Iā€™m thinking I should probably use a 2TB, lol. What to doā€¦

1 Like

I do most heavy lifting on my desktop and storage in corporate clouds or my home Nextcloud instance. I picked up a Kingston 1TB 7300/7000 MB/s NVME drive and 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 5600 CL40 RAM.

Just hoping the laptop is usable! Some of the posts regarding the latest BIOS update stability are concerning, but hopefully those are outliers.

2 Likes

If youā€™re a hoarder like me, definitely go for a 2TB one, your life is going to be soo much nicer. Or perhaps even 4TB? :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Iā€™m definitely a data hoarder. ā€œHmm, I should go through my old videos and decided what I donā€™t really need. Or, I could just upsize the HDs in my NASā€¦ā€ *starts looking at HDs onlineā€¦

2 Likes

Past performance is not indicative of future results, but, I have been looking at timelines from the past AMD batches. Preparing your batch emails have been going out on a Thursday/Friday, with the first payments the following Tuesday/Wednesday (today for batch 4). If all goes well, some people may have their Batch 4 frameworks in hand by the weekend! Some of the deliveries have been rapid, just a couple of days.

And for those in later batches, it looks like they are sending out the preparing your batch emails once a week! Batch 5 email on Friday 3 November possiblyā€¦?

1 Like

I got a shipping email from Framework yesterday, and got excited.

ā€¦until I remembered I recently placed a separate order for additional expansion cards. It was just that shipment. :confused:

Hopefully we start to see some folks posting Batch 4 payment or shipping notifications over the next few days.

2 Likes

Yeah, the 3 business day grace period ends today, so Iā€™m hoping someone gets something soon (and perhaps that someone could be me :p)

2 Likes

I saw in a video that for the 7840u processor, sometimes it demands more then 60wā€¦

Somebody can confirm that? To be safe, I was thinking about buying the 100w instead of 60w.

1 Like

I think Framework have even mentioned this. Those situations should be brief and the system will simply draw from the battery slightly at those moments. Itā€™s why they recommend a higher output power supply when running the board in standalone mode in order to ensure max performance.

2 Likes

Womp womp hopefully we get our email soon

2 Likes

Still hoping to get charged this weekā€¦

While not so patiently waiting, I did order a 2TB SSD, lol.

4 Likes

My credit card just got charged! Woo-hoo! \o/
(ordered May 18)

5 Likes

Ooh, itā€™s happening!

2 Likes

I also just got charged. Jay!

2 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:
(Ordered on 06 Jun 2023)

2 Likes

No trouble for me in my day to day usage (~2weeks).
The temps are good unless you runs ssd benchmarks all day long.
Even during gaming session the temperature of the whole laptop is a little bit hot but still moderate for the usecase (I did not benchmarked the drive temps though). Iā€™ve got no jerks nor slow down. So far so good.

1 Like

I ordered June 5 2023 and mine still says my order status is ā€œPre-Order Confirmedā€. Hopefully thatā€™s not indicative of an issue. I thought it was supposed to say ā€œPreparing the batchā€ since Iā€™m in batch 4 with R7.

1 Like

I ordered June 5 2023 and mine still says my order status is ā€œPre-Order Confirmedā€. Hopefully thatā€™s not indicative of an issue. I thought it was supposed to say ā€œPreparing the batchā€ since Iā€™m in batch 4.

Just checked, mine also still shows the same Status (" Pre-Order Confirmed") even though ā€œRemaining amount dueā€ is at 0ā‚¬ so donā€™t worry about it

2 Likes