AMD Batch 7 Guild

Have fun guys. Mine coming on Thursday. Pretty pleased with that. Something fun for my Friday afternoon off! :joy:

Let us know how the build and install goes.

Here we gooo

3 Likes

Mine (DIY kit) arrived a day early today in Austria :smiley: So maybe some hope for all of you guys who are still waiting :slight_smile:

But i bought the storage and the ssd on other webistes. The ssd already arrived, but the storage is late and will only arrive in a few days… This is hard. Finally holding the framework in my hands but i can’t do anything with it :frowning:

payment complete. DIY Edition R5 with a bunch of cards, headed for Australia. Exciting!

Payment this morning in Australia as well!

DIY R5 with 4 cards.

1 Like

Finally! My money was taken! And on the same day, got the “Preparing your batch” email for my Batch 9 order.

Mine arrived as well. Everything except the keyboard is working fine. For me, some of my keys - like “D”, “return”, etc. - are not working.

Got my laptop a day earlier in the netherlands then expected, niiiice. I want to instal my crucial ram, is it normal having to put 1 in upside down?

Yes, the instructions even say that.

1 Like

Who reads instructions :sweat_smile:. But my laptop is working and im phyched!

So according to tracking the package made it from China to Cologne over night/in the morning, its supposed to arrive on Thursday. Now i got infected with Hopium that it might arrive tomorrow, would be actually better in my personal timetable. But also doubt in my heart starts to grow

• will kde neon actually work?
  • will all parts be not bend
  • will my parts (ram & ssd) work flawless?
  • do i get the right ppdf/tpl config going so its actually as long lived as its supposed to be
  • if not on power saver…do i get the light mobile “gaming” performance out of it and if yes…can i juggle thos two states, power saving and performance without bricking the other one?

what i want to say…its getting exciting…all over some random piece of hardware

Shipping notification for Australia tonight. Expected delivery on Monday.

After being stuck in Alaska since last Thursday, the laptop just arrived! Will assemble it later today!

Mine arrived today happy man, windows installed no drivers on yet, next is Linux mint (main os)

Not sure about the green chose it as my Fairphone 4 is green😂, my youngest son helped me build it

3 Likes

Anyone else’s tracking stuck in "International shipment release - Import” in Anchorage since clearing customs yesterday? Figured I would’ve seen some movement on it out of the facility by now but no update yet…

DIY 7840u, no RAM no SSD, received today in France :fire:

1 Like

Well, you are talking of running Linux Mint, so what other colour could you choose ??? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seems like mine was in the same shipment, but got delivered today. Maybe yours is going through a very different route?

1 Like

@ChylerDev

The “International shipment release - Import” is not stuck, the word “release” means it got released from customs at that time!

Sure, but I’d expect to see shortly after something like “Departed facility” indicating it’s made it’s way out of the facility in Alaska to me, but it’s “only” released