AMD Batch 9 Guild

Just received.

HAHAHA storytime:
I ordered the Ryzen 5 Framework, but was still torn between it and an HP Elitebook 845 with 7840U for a cheaper price (and it’s fairly repairable also).
After thinking about it for a long (read: too much) time, I ordered the Elitebook maybe 10 minutes ago.
NOW I got the preparation E-Mail for the Framework Laptop, I can’t believe it :joy:

I just got the email! I’m stoked

Got my email!

Hum, sorry for you, maybe you can still change ?
I have not bought HP laptop for a very (very) long time, but last time I did, they were having a lot of issues handling power.
Like mine eventually died rather fast, and my friend’s laptop got the chassi attacked by the heat. But that was more than a decade ago so I assume all is fine now.
But just for that I would not consider HP again

Got my email notification! So hyped

1 Like

Me too!

Also just received my email notification.

Excited :grimacing:

1 Like

Got my email, too!

how long does it take from batch prep to payment?

(looking at batch 8, it seems to take a week?)

1 Like

Based on previous data about 6-7 days.

3 Likes

That’s not really it. It’s not that I couldn’t wait any longer, but more like I came to the conclusion that getting the other option would be better financially wise. So I’m thinking about cancelling the framework order. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Regretting having cancelled my Batch 9 now :') Oh well, suppose I’ll have to join a new batch! Congrats all!

Hi there!

The email says:

We expect to ship your order out between one and three weeks from today.

However this is not very precise and I am traveling on the 22nd of Dec. I wonder if there is a risk that the unit arrives after my departure (and if I should have it delivered where I am going). Does someones know, based on the previous batch, if it really takes 3 weeks?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre

2 Likes

I am in batch 8 and got charged exactly a week after the “prepare” e-mail (yesterday) and it was shipped the next day (today) with an expected arrival date of 1st december. Unless they have some specific shortage of a part you ordered, I’d expect it to be about the same for you, i.e. it will probably ship in around one week and arrive around 8th or 12th December.

3 Likes

Obligatory “I got my Email” comment
im excited. im honestly exasperated with Mac ecosystem and its limitations.
Excited to have a decent work laptop again.

1 Like

I got my Email as well

1 Like

Some from Batch 8 have also shipped now as well. Seems things have ramped up even more. There is a chance we might even get charged this week if that’s the case.

Does any one know how long it take to get a laptop delivered in Europe ?
and are US based orders delivered first.

i cannot fix my mind on that based on what I read on other batch guilds.

1 Like

I believe most people have said it’s a quick delivery normally via FedEx 3 day with delays due to import clearance with it taking on average 2 days. Making the shipping time about 5ish days.

Orders are sent out at the same time.

It can take 3 weeks.
Batch 5 for example, received their “preparing to ship” email on Nov 2. Shipping started around 1 week later, but not every order gets shipped at the same time. It looks like most had received their laptops by the 21st.

Thanks so hopefully 2 weeks to wait !

1 Like