AMD Batch 9 Guild

Ordered on October 25.

Finally treating myself to a decent laptop, I’m hoping this will be my primary laptop for many years.

Primarily for personal use, including SolidWorks, Cura, Web Design, Casual Gaming (Minecraft, City Skylines, FTL) and plenty of general web browser taps.

I suspect I may also end up using for work, but even as IT manager, didn’t manage to sneak into budget (@SimonItaly :sob:). I would like to roll out for organisation though, depending on my experience

DIY edition
AMD Ryzen 5 7640U
2 x USB-C Expansion Card
1 x USB-A Expansion Card
1 x HDMI (3rd Gen) Expansion Card

Everything else is going to be purchased separately, including:

1 x Crucial CT16G56C46S5 - DDR5-5600 - 16GB (may get 2…) - £66.99 on Amazon
1 x Crucial CT500P3PSSD8 P3 Plus 500GB Gen4 NVMe - £29.12 on Amazon
1 x Anker 100W Charger with Cable - £29.99 on Amazon

1 Like

Ordered november 7th, to replace my aging thinkpad t430 as my daily driver.

DIY edition
Ryzen 5 7640U
1x16gb memory
1TB SSD
2 USB-C
2 USB-A
1 HDMI
1 microSD.

a very nice upgrade over my current setup

Batch 7 notifications just went out.

3 Likes

Was originally just gonna lurk here, but the emails going out for Batch 7 have got me excited so I thought I’d share my configuration.

I’m a student, so I’ll be using my FW for all the basic studenty-researchy-writey things alongside some extra-curricular/hobby type activities like running Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro (or Davinci Resolve instead), Ableton and a bit of streaming and playing minecraft. I also do some administrative stuff for a radio station that will involve audacity and teamviewer, too.

I’m replacing a nearly eight y/o Surface Pro, frankly an incredibly annoying machine with 4gb of ram, 100gb storage and one single USB-A port. I can’t describe how excited I am to upgrade from the least repairable laptop ever to the most. Anyway, here’s what I’ve ordered:

DIY Edition Ryzen 7
2 x USB-C
1 x USB-A
1 x HDMI
Black bezel
A simple USB-C cable, as, as an iPhone user, I’ve never actually owned one. Hoping my UGreen 65W GaN charger can keep up with Ryzen 7, I’ve heard a few things about issues at that wattage level and people being advised to buy 100W. We’ll see.

For RAM and storage, gonna try and budget myself to £150-160ish if I can. Was originally eying the Kingston 2x16 kit which for a while was just £104 on amazon, but now seems to have gone, so unless I buy it direct from Kingston I may get the slower and pricier Crucial kit instead. Undecided on storage yet but will likely go for a 1TB SK Hynix P31 Gold or maybe something faster like the Solidgm P44 Pro or SN850x if I can get a nice Black Friday deal.

1 Like

Hey, where is the updated graph…? :stuck_out_tongue:

Batch 8 mails will be sent on 23. November and Batch 9 mails on 30. November. Straight forward.

2 Likes

Bug whoever makes them on Reddit if you want one. That’s how we got the last one after all :slight_smile:

If it continues on the 6 day cycle like it has for the most part Batch 8 will get their emails on the 21st and then we will get emails on the 27th.
Not sure if Thanksgiving in the US next week will factor into that at all though.

1 Like

That’s great news.

Can’t wait!

1 Like

dont tease me. I can use some good news.

1 Like

Batch 8 Notifications just went out. Things are looking good for us on the 27th unless Thanksgiving changes it.

EDIT: More reddit graphs

4 Likes

If you go to the page for ordering a similar laptop, and click the button marked “past batches”, batch 5 is the latest to have shipped. Of course it might simply not be updated very often there.

Batch 6 has already started to ship. You can visit their thread on the forums and see some have tracking information and others that have already gotten it.

1 Like

Well, according to the latest graph on this thread the notifications looks like they are going out on Nov 30, if you want to be accurate, which “could” be interpreted as a “disruption” by US Thanksgiving. I am all for a Nov 27th (the earlier the better), but if we are to bring a graph in the discussion we better be more precise… :slight_smile: (Not that anything like this matters. I’m just killing time until I get my laptop. Sorry for the noise!).

ADDED: Also start of shipping at Dec 12th, which is (hopefully) plenty of time for delivery before Xmas!!!

3 Likes

Selected DIY edition:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7840U
Ram: DDR5 5600 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Drive: WD BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 2280 4TB (BYO)
Expansion Cards: 2x USB Type-C, 2x USB Type-A, HDMI, MicroSD
Black bezel
Primary laptop for general use (travel, light gaming, internet, office and etc). Will replace Microsoft Surface Pro 5 (2017, Intel Core i7 7660U, SSD 512 GB, 16 GB RAM, “unsupported” Win 11, “unsupported” Intel Iris Pro, noticeable fan noise on idle, user non replaceable parts and etc).

Here for the hype that we get our emails this week!

4 Likes

Batch 8 is getting charged now.
Hopefully we should hear something within the next 24-48 hours.

2 Likes

Just got my preparing email!

2 Likes

Just got my email as well. !!!

1 Like

Got it !!