AMD Framework 13 BSOD

I’ve been having problems with Blue screens recently, I just got the AMD Framework 13 and used Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz. And for my SSD I re-used a Kingston NV2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD 1000G M.2 2280 -SNV2S/1000G and that seemed to be working fine for 6 days, and then I upgraded to SSD Crucial T500 2TB. Since then, I don’t know if it’s because of some software I installed or because of that new SSD, but I’m getting some BSOD. I’m using Windows 11.
I have run MemTest64 for 40 loops and seems fine. chkdsk does not find any errors.
I have located the BSOD dumps and one points to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) the other one it says something about amdgpio2.sys. I have run sfc /scannow and it did say it corrected some errors. Anything else I should look out for, does anyone have any pointers?

I have in mind trying to use linux for a while to test for software related problems, but I’d like to know the cause of the problem in order to return the SSD if necessary.

I believe some have solved the BSOD issue by going to AMD’s site and checking for/installing additional drivers directly from AMD.

2 Likes

AMD BSOD thread

1 Like

I had this issue and seem to have managed to solve it.

1. Booted in to BIOS and changed the iGPU memory allocation from Auto to the gaming mode option to be consistent with the option I chose in Adrenaline.
  2. Installed updated chipset and graphics drivers from the AMD website.
  3. I had the HDMI expansion card in a slot that doesn’t support it. The orientation of the chart on which ports support what isn’t ideal. They show you the ports with the laptop right side up – not upside-down which is the orientation it would be in when you’re actually installing expansion cards.

I’m not sure which of those things actually fixed the issue (or if it was a combination?). But I am happy it is gone.

1 Like

I stand corrected. Just BSOD’d again today but at least the graphics driver wasn’t in the stack trace this time!

Guess I’ll try to narrow down other things. I’ve memtested my RAM to death so no issues there.

I have installed the drivers from AMD website and so far I’m not having any problems, will be reporting back if I have any other incident.

Had another BSOD, with the newest AMD drivers, I really don’t want to, but I will probably have to return the product, can’t have unreliable hardware right now, I’m pretty bummed.

I filed the return ticket, will update on how the return process goes.

Another BSOD while writing an email on thunderbird

Just got my refund, everything went smoothly for anyone wondering.