so I received a Framework 13 Laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 CPU.
I ordered the DIY model which is totally fine and also bought:
Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5200MHz (or 4800MHz) CT2K16G52C42S5
WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD 1 TB
I installed the components stated like in the manual and assembled the keyboard.
I plugged in a Macbook Air M1 charger (which I guess is fine?) and startet the computer, but the screen kept being black and never turned on.
From a quick google search I read that some people waited 15 minutes and I did that. In the beginning the led turns green, orange, blue (if I remember correctly) but the screen never shows an image.
I plugged external display into the USB-c and also the HDMI, but nothing.
Is there any troubleshooting I still can do or should I return the computer?
Kind regards, Max
- Which OS (Operating System)? None
- Which release of your OS (Operating System / Windows 10, 11, Distribution of Linux)? None
- Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with? AMD 1st gen. with Ryzen 5 cpu
- If this is a Linux issue, please use the Linux tag or at least put Linux in the title.
- If there is no information pertaining to your issue or question, please let us know here: Framework | Support Framework | Support