Anyone else's USB A module difficult to remove?

I’ve only populated my laptop with USB C and USB A modules so far. USB C is fairly easy to remove. USB A requires a lot more force!

Have not tried HDMI, SD card reader, or ssd yet.

1 Like

So far all of mine have gotten easier as I get used to it, and they get used.

2 Likes

This is what we have found when studying this. The force for the first 1-10 cycles on each card is fairly variable, but after 10 or so cycles, the force starts to fall into a similar range for most cards.

5 Likes

I have noticed variations between each card as well and each slot, but this is the sacrifice that you have to make for customization. Tolerances on something like this have to be really precise, honestly surprised they are as good as they are.

1 Like

That’s been my experience with the USB C. They are pretty easy at this point. After quite a few cycles, the A’s still take much more significant force to remove. Sometimes I send them flying xD Honestly not a big deal. Super happy with the laptop.

1 Like

FWIW, I just had much trouble removing a DP module (on a 12th gen laptop). It was impossible to remove with bare hands. I had to use a plastic clip to apply some leverage - which is tedious, since there isn’t much of a gap to apply pressure to.

Definitely some potential for damaging your fingernails that way.

I’m having the same trouble as @gms with the right two slots. Left two slots come out fine, but I’ve been really struggling to get out either of the right two slots (a USB A and a USB C slot). Wonder if it’s the same issue, as mine’s also a 12th gen that arrived in the October batch