Anyone have 48gb Ram for Framwork 16

Hello. I want to buy a 48gb (2x24) Kit from Crucial and I was wondering if anyone has tried this? (I know it is not officially supported)
Amazon.de this Kit to be exact.

I got a crutial 64 ram kit and 2 ssds 1T each, can’t wait for batch 15 to be here so I can install it. I think the system supports 64 ram.

I think 96 GB is possible as well.

Could very well be, the specs say 64 but don’t specify if max allowed so why not 96 :joy:

Can confirm. Currently running a Framework 16 with a 64 GB kit of RAM off of Amazon, and it’s running perfectly!

2 Likes

I’ve got Crucial CT48G56C46S5 - 1x48GB running on mine just fine. I was going to go with 2x32 for 64GB, but I read about the Linux bug with the iGPU switching state and decided I’d wait to hit the 64GB barrier until after that was more than a “Good enough for now” patch, and was really fixed. I’ve been running for weeks no, with no problems at all with the single 48GB stick, I’ll get another 48GB at some point, as I suspect accessing the memory dual-band might improve performance when using the iGPU … or because I’m a huge nerd, which ever you believe.