August/Batch2 Delivery thread

@Cthos same I am delayed till the 2nd week of September

2 Likes

Just got my email about the 2nd week of September, just super excited and don’t mind a little longer wait.

2 Likes

Ok, got my first email " We’re preparing to ship your order!
Please review your info."
Was very happy until I read it. They say I’m the chosen one to get my order shipped ~ 2nd week of September:

Just for the record: it’s a 1165G7 DIY to Ontario, Canada.

1 Like

Thanks again, Framework peeps. I very much appreciate the update - even if it isn’t what I wanted, you’ve successfully reset my expectations. :grin:

“… we plan to ship it to you by the second week of September. We’re upgrading your shipping to 2nd Day for free to speed up delivery too.”

i7-1165G7 ordered 27 July, SF Bay Area

4 Likes

@nrp

In the preparing to ship email it says the laptop was delay because there are improvements they want to make from batch 1’s customer feedback. Is that true? And if so what are the improvements you guys made? If it is not true why is it 2 weeks delayed?

Improvements around the first four issues in Known issues on early Framework Laptops are the main changes that we made during the pause between production batches. An improvement for the fifth issue is rolling into units we are producing now for future shipments.

6 Likes

Do all batch two devices have fixes for the first four issues or was it just for the people that had “currently in production” part in the shipment preparation email?

1 Like

Just got my i5 that I preordered in May running Fedora. Laptop is a dream. Excellent job by Framework. Looking forward to continue supporting your mission in whatever way possible.

2 Likes

Been there, done that. It’s so annoying to have your computer lose power if someone so much as sneezes near the charger. Would your laptop happen to be an HP? My old junker is one.

I just got that 2 hours ago, you’re not alone buddy. for those keeping score, I ordered the I7-1165G7 on 28th of July for those keeping score.

It varies based on the fix. The last units that got pushed into early September have fixes for all of the items (I have to double check, but I think actually the fifth issue too). Other systems built for Batch 2 would have either some or all. All of the Batch 2 units for example have either the tape for the Touchpad Cable pre-applied or placed in an envelope in the box. Almost all have the updated thermal paste and updated Touchpad alignment. The Touchpad physical click is a testing procedure improvement, though we are not confident we have found the true root cause.

11 Likes

Yup, just got the first delivery email for by second week of September delivery. Tbh I’m happy to get the email at all now – and it’s quite a nice consolation to have production issues fixed.

1 Like

July 27 order for the 1165G7 here, I also got my email last night about my shipment going out the second week of September :slight_smile:

I got my first email as well last night. I had a July 27th order for 1165G7, and the email states shipping the second week of September. :smiley:

Nice work making those modifications and still being on top of batch 2 Framework team. \m/

Nope, it’s a very nice Samsung…I just didn’t use it for long enough that the battery discharged, and about the time I discovered that, I found out about this. It was 100% my fault, haha

FedEx was able to find their way to my door this afternoon!!! Yaaas!!

17 Likes

So Jelly!!!

1 Like

The packaging is rather nice, isn’t it.

living vicariously starts in 3… 2… 1…

2 Likes

Here are a few more… All the components were packaged in their own pouch. It came with Crucial ram. It looks they added some Kapton style tape for the touchpad. That was in a white envelop. Now, back to work :wink:

10 Likes

Yippee, Just got a security check-in msg from my credit card asking if I had made a large payment to Framework.

Seconds later the Framework email arrived saying they changed my card and my unit would ship in 1-2 days. i7-1165G7 btw, ordered July 23rd

Almost time for cueing up the HappyDance mix.

Side note about FedEx, they just dropped off a small wooden crate of aircraft parts to us, broken up & open - 4 days later than they said delivery would be. Situation normal… Sigh. Doing inventory on the contents now. Such a crap shipping company in recent years.

6 Likes