August/Batch2 Delivery thread

Got a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB on the desk and getting some ram this weekend. Trying to will my laptop into existence by getting the DIY parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyyyy!!! My email for being charge thw remaining balance and shipping just came in!!! A couple days until charged and then I assumed a couple days until delivery info. I’m batch 2 btw :wink: ordered may 23rd

Edit: THEY ARE NOW CHARGING THE CARD! SHIPPING IN 1-2 DAYS!!!:partying_face::partying_face:

9 Likes

Mine also just kicked in @Robert_Terpin. I made my pre-order back in May 19, 2021 (Batch 2).

2 Likes

Me too! /aol

Ordered back in May

Anyone know delivery speed these get sent out on?

2 Likes

Just got my email saying they are going fo charge me the remaining balance within the next two business days and then ship out shortly after! I ordered the DIY 1185G7 on July 27th (I didn’t want to wait for the 1165) so it looks like I’m in a similar situation as others!

With any luck, it’ll ship next week! I bought a Dell XPS 13 9310 from Costco at the end of June with a similar configuration as the Framebook (1185G7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 4K screen) for about the same price (the Dell was slightly cheaper thanks to a $200 Costco discount but the MSRP of $2000 was similar to my DIY config with the SN850 and a bunch of expansion cards and without the Windows license since I can get that for way under MSRP through work) and I’m really excited to compare the two side-by-side. I have until the end of September to return the Dell to Costco, which I think I’ll do unless the Framework severely misses my expectations based on the other reviews out there, but I’m excited to put the two side-by-side since the specs (screen aside, which will be better on the Dell) are so similar.

Kudos to @nrp and the team for keeping communication so crisp! I decided do add a 1TB expansion card to my order so I can mess around with Linux without having to mess with partition stuff, and the team was so responsive and nice. I know how small the team is but seeing their commitment in this forum and other places online is really refreshing.

2 Likes

happydance Just got my e-mail that my card will be charged for my DIY I5 in a couple of days!

1 Like

Patience, all of you. Really GOOD things are coming to those who wait.

DIY i7 made in early June for batch 2. got the email and have a pending charge for my remaining amount on my cc. hopefully the shipping email comes once that’s approved!

Just received an email saying that there was a problem processing my credit card, and now I’m being told that I’m relegated to Batch 3. What gives?

(And, yes, I have notified the issuing bank, so there should in theory be no problem with re-processing for Batch 2)

Update: Just updated credit card info, and now the order page is showing that I’m still in Batch 2. Guess it’s time to order an SSD and some RAM…

So much for thinking that my card would be charged in two days, they charged it now! I’m so excited! Wow! I can’t believe the way Framework is managing schedules so well, especially the way the world is so chaotic now!

1 Like

Yep, just got my shipping notice too. Card successfully charged, order will ship in 1-2 days. :partying_face:

1 Like

Still no email or charge for a batch 2 ordered July 28th, really hope there’s not a problem with my order/account.

4 Likes

@DominicBauers - I ordered July 27th, haven’t gotten anything either.

waiting_oldskool

Guessing mine might be shipping in September? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

FWIW, I ordered mine on May 15.

Ordered mine may 20th and my card was also charged today. Very excited to try out Void linux for the first time with it!

@DominicBauers @codenomad

You might have just been Over the edge for the First wave of batch 2. I myself was very surprised to get my first email about beginning to process my order… As I placed mine on July 23rd. So hang in there… A few days unfortunately do make a difference when handling this many orders.

1 Like

Ordered on July 27th here as well. No email yet, but all the email correspondence right after purchase indicates Batch 2 - let’s hope we at the end of July didn’t get silently pushed to Batch 3 without a notice…

1 Like

@DominicBauers put my deposit in July 27th, so I’m gonna guess next week or so. From what I can see, the emails are surely making their way through June at a healthy pace so shouldn’t be too long.

3 Likes

Also ordered July 27th, no email yet. Hoping we’ll get it soon!

1 Like

Are you people that are in batch 2 that placed an order in July 26~27th in the i7 batches? Because I ordered an i5 diy on the 26th an I’m in batch 3 so curious how so many seem to be in batch 2 but ordered at the same time.

1 Like