August/Batch2 Delivery thread

Just clarifying. The Batch 2 Performance and Professional are showing as “Shipped” because a small number of those went out alongside our Batch 1 shipments. We’re still working through shipping the bulk of Batch 2 orders.

10 Likes

I just came here to see if anyone else had received their email and it doesn’t look like it.

But as I walked away my phone went off, and it an email from Framework!

Batch 2 DIY, email says they are preparing to ship and will charge me in the next couple of days!

4 Likes

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 15-22-07 Inbox aribirnbaum pm me ProtonMail

Very hyped!

5 Likes

It’s happening people. Got mine too.

(edit: Got my email saying soon that is, not the laptop itself)

2 Likes

Got mine as well… Strangely the “Shipping To” address does not have my apartment number. However, just below that in “Shipping Address” has my apartment number.

Seem to remember someone else saying their shipment arrived without an apartment number, so it might be worthwhile to check it’s not missing.

2 Likes

It looks like this is a pre-pre-shipment email. Another email will be sent approximately two days before we are charged and our laptops are shipped.

12:12pm Pacific time today I got my “preparing to ship batch 2” notice. This is for the DIY i7-1165G7
I ordered it July 23rd BTW. Reviewed the shipping and credit card info of course, as that’s the reason behind the email.

Now just waiting for doing the “Happy Dance” when they ding my Visa card for the remaining balance - as it should arrive soon after that.

Hoping it arrives before Sept 11th as I live on an island and the ferry is going out of service then (annual required dry dock) :smirk:

Update: Aug 26th, Credit card charged & 1-2 days to ship out. Hope to see a tracking number on the 30th…

2 Likes

Hmm, I have the same version (i7-1165G7), and I ordered on the 26. Still no email. Hopefully everything is alright with my order.

ordered on the 28th and still eagerly awaiting the email.

@darthdomo
As long as your order is listed correctly on your account details, and it says Batch 2, I would not worry.

I suspect they do them in waves based on the final packaging / shipping capability at the warehouse.

But yep, waiting for it is hard… I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

1 Like

I got my notification today as well. I placed my order on June 15.

June 11 Order date (DIY Intel i5-1135G7)
Just got my notice to doublecheck my address and payment!!

Very excited for everyone. I’m in batch 3 so waiting patiently I should have upgraded to the i7 just for the batch 2 spot lol.

1 Like

@Sidewayz I got the i7 just to get in on batch 2. I prefer the i5 for its lower power consumption, but I need a replacement laptop ASAP.

1 Like

I got word yesterday that my i5 DIY order is preparing to ship.

1 Like

Nothing yet for me, but I pre-ordered fairly late in July.

Model: DIY i7-1165g7
Date Ordered: Jul 27, 2021

Given that we are seeing updates for Batch 2 fairly frequently, I’m hopeful that those who ordered at the end of July will see something late this week. Very exciting!

Has anybody gotten actual notification of shipping for Batch 2?

1 Like

Like a number of others on here, I can confirm that I also received an email saying that my order is being prepared and getting ready to ship. Next step is that I’m awaiting an email to finalize my payment. :metal:

I5 preparing to ship

Order date Jul 27, 2021

We’re preparing to ship Batch 2! Please review your info.

We’re preparing to ship Framework Laptops in your batch! Before we do that, we want to make sure that all of the information we have on file is up to date.

5 Likes

Received the “We’re preparing to ship Batch 2” email yesterday (16 Aug), for my DIY i7 ordered on 10 June.

1 Like