August/Batch2 Delivery thread

How married is Fedex to their “scheduled delivery” date? Its been where they usually send them “Out for Delivery” since yesterday but still says “Scheduled 9/8”

Very. Mine sat in my town for two days because it was early.

2 Likes

Mine’s apparently on the Truck for delivery, today, despite being “Pending” literally the entire time. But that matches the original delivery date, so hey it all works out.

Edit: It’s here! On Time! I’ve got everything installed and am putting Ubuntu on it now.

2 Likes

Hey FedEx, you’re drunk! But apparently that, and a holiday weekend, means it is showing up two days early!

Mine shipped last Fri Sept 3rd, and was originally showing a Thursday delivery on FedEx.com.

Somehow, crossing the country twice, bouncing between FedEx hubs over the holiday weekend resulted in it being Out For Delivery today!

4 Likes

Yeah, I was feeling only a little disappointed but still OK about this process until reading the experience @in4mer had. Now I opened a support ticket since my payment was captured on 8/27 and no word of anything since. :frowning:

Also a bit sad, as my order date of 7/1 seems a LOT earlier than most folks posting here. Sigh, pre-orders. Understanding (but still not liking) the new post-pandemic supply chain normal.

1 Like

These:

I finally got mine! I ordered the DIY i7-1165G7 on July 12. After a hassle created by Bank of America declining the transaction due to suspected fraud and the Framework emails being auto-deleted due to having a spam score higher than most legitimate email, my card was finally successfully charged September 2 and shipped September 3. Original scheduled delivery date from FedEx was August 8, but to my delight it arrived early, on August 5 (a Sunday!!). No signature required!

2 Likes

Still waiting on mine. On Sunday at like ~2am it arrived at the FedEx hub about an hour away, with no change until now. Hoping it’ll leave the hub tonight.

My estimated delivery date is tomorrow, which I find unlikely unless it leaves the hub pretty soon… I also have to deal with it going through my dorm’s mailroom, which adds an extra step of worry.

1 Like

Mine just arrived! Can’t wait to put everything together after work.

Surprisingly, FedEx did take a signature for the delivery (good), but they delivered it to the retail store on the ground floor of my building (bad). Thankfully, the store employees kept my laptop safe with their other deliveries and brought it out for me when I explained the mix up (good, but not for FedEx). Not sure how I would have gotten it if not for the neighborly cashiers this afternoon.

2 Likes

Mine just arrived (Toronto). I was a little worried as the tracking code never worked, but it was 5 days between shipping and arriving, and given one of those days was a public holiday, not bad.

Installing windows now. Best of luck for those still waiting.

3 Likes

Thanks for pinging support, and sorry for the delay. We’re digging in now to determine why your order didn’t leave the warehouse.

2 Likes

Mine arrived so happy! Thanks Framework!

3 Likes

Last step of the adventure. Vaughan, ON, Canada is waiting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a difference a day makes! After @nrp responded to my post, I saw a shipment email and tracking number within 10 minutes. An hour later, tracking indicated it left the warehouse and is expected on 9/9. Luckily, my local FedEx delivery has always been quite reliable, so I’m looking forward to posting an unboxing photo tomorrow!

2 Likes

I got a message stating that my order would be shipped out within 2-3 business days and that i would get shipping information… that was last week… Still waiting for any kind of shipping information. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

refresh

refresh

refresh

refresh

:pensive:

1 Like

Officially delivered, but can’t pick it up until it’s processed by the mail room… Hopefully it got delivered to the right building :sweat_smile:

With any luck I’ll have an unboxing photo of my own by the end of the day :smiley:

Ordered July 26th.

2 Likes

Just got my DIY i7-1165G7 delivered today, ordered July 27th. It is amazing how quick and getting everything was. I am still waiting on the 1TB storage but I understand the whole slowness with that and that it is out of Framework’s hands. I just need to find out how I can get one of the awesome clear non-printed keyboards. I have been using a keyboard with no print on it for a long time at work and it honestly is a great deterrent for people who want to “borrow” my keyboard because it is a nice mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX-green switches in it. I am hoping the marketplace opens soon and the other keyboards are available or I may just reach out to see if I can buy it and have it shipped with the other storage module when it comes in. Overall I am super happy and can say for at least myself it has lived up to the hype.

3 Likes

Ordered DIY July 27th in Batch 2, was in the delayed 1165 group, and received yesterday Tue Sept 8th! Stayed up wayyyy too late installing and configuring the Fedora 34 KDE Spin. Everything has worked great right out of the box so far. Posting from the Framework now!

8 Likes

… Okay, soooooo… maybe next week I’ll get mine? :sob:

2 Likes

@RandomUser I was already told they were going to do 2 day shipping on last weeks email and that they were shipping without the external 1TB drive :frowning: … I would be happy with it actually just shipping out today… keep refreshing email… no shipping information yet :roll_eyes:

2 Likes