Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Hi All,

Been thinking about this since I saw the original Linus video. Finally pulled the trigger on a 1260P with 2x16GB and 2TB nvme drive. Eventually I’ll do some kind of egpu as well.

It’s nice to see batch 1 start shpping. Hopefully batch 2 ships soon.

3 Likes

I ordered the i5-1240P DIY model.
I will sell my 11th gen i5 Framework laptop if I like the new one better.

1 Like

Hi! I ordered the i7-1280P today and am super excited.

Any idea when batch 2 will be shipped in august? Maybe someone has experience from last year or something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m very excited, too. Already ordered in May, so I imagine myself quite on the top of list. :star_struck:

3 Likes

@Sh4pe I see messages from people getting their delivery confirmations of batch 1 currently, so probably in pretty much 1 month.

1 Like

I placed my order this morning for a Batch 2 - Intel 12th Gen (i7-1280p) - the DIY Machine.

I went very basic - core laptop no RAM nor Disk because:

• I bought extra WD_Black SN850 NVMe for my first laptop (to swap between OSes), I am going to use that NVMe for this new laptop.

• I purchased memory separately as it will be similar to the first gen laptop (same brand, etc).

As I stated this is my second framework laptop, my first laptop was part of Batch 6 (DIY Machine with similar specs for the i7-1185 CPU).

Here is a link to my post for the first generation framework laptop.

3 Likes

Looking forward with the DIY i5-1240p Batch2 order. Originally in batch1 but switched to DIY and ended up in Batch2.

Have a 500GB SKHynix P31 & Crucial 32GB (2 X 16GB) Ram waiting for this bad boy.

Coming from a MacBook and looking forward to going back to Windows.

2 Likes

Placed my order on June 2nd. Waiting on a 12th gen i5-1240p with 32GB of memory (2 x 16GB). Along with 4 USB-C, a USB-A, and HDMI modules. Plus the official power adapter to just add a cherry on top (I’m living the USB-C life, so this will probably get used with my “do everything” 60W Anker charger as well). Going to be pairing it with a SK Hynix P31 1TB I got recently.

I’m going to be mainly using it for a work replacement from my 2017 MBP for web development. Going to be going from macOS to (likely) Ubuntu.

Been reading up on all the reviews from both users and tech sites, and so far my only major concern is battery life, but I’m feeling pretty good (and excited) otherwise.

3 Likes

Was a little late to the party with my order being placed on June 27th.

Got the i5-1240p DIY. Bringing my own storage and RAM at 2tb and 64gb respectively (got in on some super prime day deals).

Going to be using this as my personal light-dev system for both web and embedded development as well as maybe some CAD modeling for my 3d printing addiction. OS is a toss up between a few of the more popular Nix flavors. PopOS, Manjaro or Mint. I have a background working in Ubuntu/Debian based environments so more likely to gravitate that way.

Almost the same upgrade path as @Firestorm980. Going from a 2017 15" MBP to this guy and couldn’t be more pumped to be leaving Apple anti-r2r-ecosystem.

4 Likes

Ordered mine 07/29. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

Just got my “We’re preparing to ship Batch 2” email !

I’m a DIY, 1240p.

Order date: 05/31

7 Likes

Just received a first email :partying_face: ordered 24th May 2022

4 Likes

Yup, received the email too! Excited
Have ordered DIY version i5-1240P (Up to 4.4 GHz, 4+8 cores)
Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1240P
  • Keyboard: US English

Expansion Cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 2 USB-A
  • 2 HDMI
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada
    August 1: Received the email “We’re preparing your batch!”
2 Likes

I am in the US.
I ordered DIY version i5-1240P (Up to 4.4 GHz, 4+8 cores). The order was placed on May 30th.

I will continuously update the timeline below:
August 1: Step 2 email received with the subject " We’re preparing to ship Batch 2! Please review your info."
August 1: I requested to modify my order about the extension card.
August 18: Step 3 email received: Preparing your order. Sent 1–2 business days before we collect the remaining payment.
August 19: Step 4 Payment complete! Your order is shipping soon.
August 25: The laptop is shipped !!

5 Likes

How long does it usually take to process a batch? I ordered on july 15th. Can I expect it to come in the coming month?

1 Like

I’m glad to see people getting update emails! I ordered mine May 21 but no update emails yet.

Edit: Got my “preparing to ship” email today, Aug 3.

1 Like

Ordered a 12th gen batch 2 laptop on Aug. 1st, excited to try this out. Need it for work (and current work computer is sort of reaching the end now), so I’m also looking forward to FW relieving my old ASUS from its duties.
No confirmation e-mail as of yet, will post updates here to avoid spamming.

2 Likes

Ordered the mid tier one on June 26 and got the “We are preparing Batch 2” email just now \o/ I am excited!

1 Like

Got the batch notification! So excited to finally be getting my framework, been wanting one since they first began. Getting the i5 and BYO 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, and charger. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Ordered on June 15 and just got my “preparing your batch 2” email. I went with the DIY i5-1240P, and 2 USB-C, 1 USB-A, and 1 HDMI module. Most of the other parts I’ll supply myself from a previous system that got damaged.

Curious, like others, when the shipment might actually happen if anyone has any insight. I’ll be travelling in a couple of weeks, so hopefully it’ll be before or after that. LOL

2 Likes