Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Me too :slight_smile: Turns out Framework is just slower than FedEx. Hopefully the laptop itself is faster :smiley:
They have handed the laptop over to FedEx today and FedEx claims it will be delivered on Monday. Really fast, if they keep up to their promise. I am super-excited to put Linux on it and replace my 13 years old Lenovo. I liked it very much but it is literally falling apart now…

1 Like

I am still patiently waiting for my DIY 1260p. I have not received any update since the batch email at the beginning of Aug. After contacting customer support, they told me that they sent a delay email to me, but somehow I never received it.

Just got my step 5 email - and fed ex shipping info

Stage 2 - 2nd aug - preparing

stage 3 - 23-aug - preparing to ship

Stage 4 -26-aug - payment complete

Stage 5 - 30-aug - ship

DIY i5 barebones

I placed my order on 8-jul , i hope this helps ! I was eagerly checking this forum everyday for a whole month

1 Like

@KaiJ I’m in the same boat. Watching this thread like a hawk for other DIY 1260p units to ship.

I was a late order and probably just made it in the batch. So I expect to be towards the end. Just excited for the hardware.

I also have a late order. I ordered on Jul 28.

Haha exactly the same, watching this thread every day recently. I am even thinking about if they can ship faster if I downgrade to 1240p.

1 Like

MOVED my review there :

4 Likes

Just got this from FW. Hoping the delays are just a little bit into Sept and us that aren’t making it in this month don’t have to wait too too long

4 Likes

Yup, same here. My config was the 1260p, which seems like a common factor in the delays here. Not a surprise it won’t be going out this month given it’s now the 30th, but I appreciate the communication at least.

1 Like

Yeah looks like ht 1260ps got hit the hardest. I’m in the 1240p camp, but I guess I was one of the unlucky ones in the bunch that was closer to the back of the line.

1 Like

Just saw the shipment confirmation email. It’s supposed to come tomorrow (31.08.) via FedEx to Germany, just in time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

THE HOUR IS NIGH! WELCOME FORTH THE i7 SHIPMENTS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Probably going to be able to expect the 1260’s first, then us 1280 folk will have our turn :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like

just received the second delay e-mail with the subject “End of Month Update”.

Hopefully the 1280 models will start shipping next week

Looks like the starting line is beginning to heat up, ever so slightly :laughing:

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like

My 1240p DIY is being shipped right now

1 Like

mine arrived this AM. A day earlier than first predicted by the Fed Ex tracking.

1 Like

Ordered a DIY 1240 on July 4. I have so much sympathy for people with 1260s and 1280s that have been waiting longer. But it’s a bummer to see that people who ordered the same configuration after me have already gotten their shipping notice, and I haven’t even gotten an email that they are about to charge me (happy for the people that have gotten theirs, of course). Trying to stay optimistic.

I was a bit disappointed with the content of the latest delay email tbh. I’m fully accepting of the delay itself as it’s always on the cards when you pre order a product like this and it’s half expected. The explanation for the delay is a bit unsatisfactory though. There seems to be quite a lot of evidence in this thread that the issues are with the i7’s and that a lot of i5’s are being shipped out to people who ordered much later than some of us who are still waiting for i7’s. It would have been nice if some explanation had been given around this specific issue rather than the somewhat vague and generic explanation we got. I suppose it’s possible that there are just a disproprtionate number of i5 customers who are posting shipping updates on this thread but that seems unlikely.

I’m sure it’ll all be good in the end though. Pleased for those who got their laptops shipped in August and fingers crossed for some good news in early September for the rest of us :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tom.7 Same response here to the content of the latest email. A week ago we were told we would have more specifics soon. I don’t think a week later is “soon,” and things just got even less specific.

Totally agree with you on the delay being understandable, just the communication is unsatisfactory.

1 Like

Greetings everyone.

In the light of the recent delay update, and motivated by the various questions about shipment status in the FW Reddit community, I have put together this small spread sheet which I hope can help everyone affect by the recent shipment issues to get a better idea of order status of other people, as well as contribute their own entry to inform others … or just kill time fiddling with spread sheet data.

Looking forward to your feedback and contributions.
Best regards.

3 Likes

Bit disappointed with the last bit of communication tbh. Just setting some expectations for when things might arrive would help those of us who anticipated having them by now and might not to make alternative arrangements. Makes it even worse when payment was taken nearly a month ago.

Next few weeks? October? 2023?

Has anyone received an i7 yet?