Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

This is great. Might be handy to add a column for arrival date?

3 Likes

Nice, added my order to the list. 1240p DIY ordered June 29.

1 Like

@Mimsy I don’t think there is a “contingent of angry customers” or any indication that people think promises won’t be kept. Just a few observations from people that the latest communication about the delay could have been more informative. You’ve done what you can to try to interpret the email and offer answers to questions people have asked about it but it wouldn’t be necessary for you to do that had the email been more meaningful / specific etc.

I’m completely onboard with your admiration for what Framework are doing and the exemplary way that they have been delivering this exciting and ambitious project. I suspect most people who have placed orders will feel the same way. I do think it makes sense for people to point out any misgivings they have about the communication in the forums though and hopefully the framework team will find the comments useful.

3 Likes

I’ve added mine to the list.

2 Likes

I still can’t figure out how to reply to individual posts but @Tom.7 is correct, I’m not complaining about the delay. I’ve run businesses, issues happen. It’s not the mistakes but how you handle and communicate. Be clear about what went wrong, what you’re doing to fix it and then set their expectations for a resolution. The communication so far hasn’t done that.

4 Likes

Well that was fast. Just an hour after adding myself to the spreadsheet I get the “We’re preparing to ship your order” email and then five minutes after that the “We’ve billed you” email. The second email surprised me a bit…

I mean, I’m not really complaining, but I’m glad I had the funds in that account at the time. I’d originally been planning on transferring them in from a different account once I got the “preparing” email.

3 Likes

I had the same happen to me as well just now. Step 3 and 4 done in the span of 5 minutes or so. Oh well, at the least the order is proceeding so I’m not going to complain too much.

1 Like

Added to the shipped list. Glad we are finally seeing some motion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got:

Ordered on June 14, 1240P, DIY with a bunch of expansion cards, SSD, RAM, charger.

1 Like

Indeed it is friend. I just received the “We’re preparing to ship your order!” e-mail. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man’s rolled high enough on initiative there to get the starting advantage!

By chance, did you order with or without the Framework charger? Am wondering if it is a source of delay for some orders, I have personally today sent a request to have mine removed from my order as I have acquired sufficient hardware to replace it.

Best Regards,
Varg

Did the same thing last weekend since I had the same thoughts :smiley:
A) to see if my order does still exist
B) because I bought an overkill Anker 100W charger already

But nothing is going forward here, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Just got my step 3 email.

2 Likes

Lucky guy. You ordered 9 days after me but are at least one step ahead of me.
Got the same config as you. Even more expansion cards so technically they would make more money out of me by going first come first serve.

No hard feelings to be clear. Just jealous.

1 Like

It’s here !!!

5 Likes

i7-1280P DIY, June 22, 2022 order, I got the emails about the delays but just received the stage 3 email now. If all goes well they charge me this week and ship next week. :partying_face:

1 Like

@onceandfuture Thanks for the suggestion.
Since the shipping from the factory to the customer depends on many more variables that are not as easy to query, I thought it was quite high variance and thus not necessarily helpful.
In any case, added it as an option for those who might be interested in that.

Also thanks a lot for filling up the spread sheet. It seems that quite a few people are now receiving Step 3 emails.

Great job Framework.

1 Like

Just added my order to the spreadsheet.

Agree about the transparency of exactly what is causing the issues. Is it the assembly of the laptop (base components) itself, the power adapter, the expansion cards or the shipping region?

I however do understand that starting a business is difficult and the manufacturing logistics of something as well-engineered as this is not always predictable. The people at FrameWork are human, just like us, and with this being the second year, they’re still running into things for the first time. Completely relatable.

Appreciate the e-mail updates, as someone who has ordered from the Dell webshop before I can say I’ve been through a lot worse :wink:

I shall remain patient and wait! Looking forward to seeing my FrameWork in person.

3 Likes

I’ll add my order to the list…

DIY Edition i5-1240p w/ power adapter, 2x USB-C, 2x USB-A, 1x HDMI, 1x DP, 1x microSD
I already have 2x32GB RAM, and Samsung 980 Pro 1TB waiting to be installed.
Plan to run dual boot Win 11 Pro (already have a license) and ArchLinux.

• Ordered: 2022.06.06
  • Step 2: 2022.08.01
  • Step 3: 2022.08.18
  • Step 4: 2022.08.19
  • Step 5: 2022.08.26
  • Delivery: 2022.08.31 (a day earlier than original tracking estimate!)

Can’t wait to get this unboxed and put through the paces.

2 Likes

Saw you there. Thanks a lot.
Nice to see a fellow Arch LInux-er over here too.