Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

/
Samesies - June 6 - in the Netherlands. Rens Althuis… Netherlands?

2 Likes

Jep, perhaps they order shipping by country and we got picked last :disappointed:

4 Likes

As this is my second Framework laptop, I previously purchased more Expansion Cards.

• Display Port - 2
  • HDMI Port - 2
  • USB A - 1
  • Micro SD - 1
  • 1 TB card - 2
  • USB C - 1

For the Framework 12-Gen, I started with the USB-A card to start the install of Pop!_OS (do not forget to turn of Secure Boot as the OS does not support it yet).

I switch to the Display Port once the NVMe has the OS installed. As my monitor supports DisplayPort Alt Mode, I have to decided if I want to switch out the DisplayPort with USB C. (I am thinking about eGPU, but am researching on this community website first).

For anyone interested on what I will use my ol’ Framework 11-Gen, the unit is being used with a 10GbE network port within my lab environment. I will use it by connecting via X2go.

4 Likes

Is it damaged? Or it was placed incorrectly?

1 Like

Very nice - didn’t even notice the butterfly before!

I noticed they didn’t have the framework as a standard size. Did you do a custom size or pick another brand/model?

Hard to say, although I don’t see any damage visually so I assume it’s a factory defect because I’m not the only one who experienced this:

2 Likes

Yes, I did …

Laptop Skins (Universal)
Custom Sized option
Width 11.67in
Depth 9.01in
Corners Rounded

Voyager was my second choice.

3 Likes

FedEx says my laptop is a city 20 minutes from my place but delivery is still scheduled for friday (in 5 days)… I hope that is just a rough eta :smiley: Can’t wait to try the laptop out \o/ Steam Deck is also out for delivery already. :heart:

3 Likes

I am in the same boat - I could literally ride a bike there! Meanwhile, I can’t stop pushing that update button in the FedEx app!

4 Likes

okay I’m not the only one :smiley: I’m reaching unhealthy amounts of refreshs xD

5 Likes

Reporting “Touchdown!” and it looks gorgeous.

7 Likes

Muh FrameWork is out for delivery today, could literally walk to the depot to get it, although I should probably be expecting it within the next few hours.

Best Regards,
Varg

5 Likes

Looks you’ll have yours shortly before mine arrives. Mine is scheduled for delivery today, and appears to be at my local FedEx hub.

Enjoy!! What OS are you going with? Hope you have your install media ready

3 Likes

Honestly, i’m still not even sure! It’s tied between Manjaro and Ubuntu. I’m actually on my desktop right now pondering which to get ready :rofl:

What about yourself?

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like

same and it shows delivery on friday. it even said today “package not due for delivery”. i called them and asked if i can pick it up myself as i don’t want to wait until friday but apparently in their system it is marked for tomorrow :slight_smile:

i also have to get my installation medium ready still :smiley:

2 Likes

Laptop has just arrived!

Best Regards,
Varg

7 Likes

I’m a long time Windows fan, and also use Ubuntu regularly but for my Framework I’ve decided to try something different and will be installing Fedora 36.

I’ve been trying out various distros, including Ubuntu Budgie and Fedora 36, in virtual machines while I’ve been waiting and Fedora is the one I’ve enjoyed the most

1 Like

Glad to see everyone starting to get theirs in. After a weekend of usage, I freaking love this laptop. It is not perfect by any stretch, but it really is a super slick device. Glad to support the cause!!!

3 Likes

Happy to see you like it!
I noticed you didn’t update the spreadsheet since “Payment complete”. Would be nice if you can do that :slight_smile: Surely helps some people with their waiting therapy haha

1 Like

DONE! :smiley:

4 Likes