Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Yeah, FedEx just needs a signature, they don’t care if it’s the person who’s name is on the package.

1 Like

Mine was delivered today. Installed SSD and RAM, got it to post, the stopped there.

Trying to decide on an OS for it now

3 Likes

@Varg @NyceSoftware could you share your countries? I’m in the US west coast but my estimated delivery is the 19th :dizzy_face: got my shipping notification early this morning

2 Likes

@Andrew22k

United Kingdom,

My full Configuration is as follows:

• i7-1280P
  • 500GB SN850
  • 32GB RAM (2x16GB)
  • 4 Expansion Cards:
    • 1 HDMI
    • 1 USB-C
    • 2 USB-A
  • British English QWERTY Layout

It’s gonna be mint.

Best Regards,
Varg

3 Likes

Mine does too, my fedex account notified me of a package incoming (as it does for anything they ship to my address) so I don’t think it’s related to an address issue–but then again it’s fedex so I wouldn’t rule it out entirely. Things happen, I wouldn’t worry unless it doesn’t clear up for a couple days.

2 Likes

Well, in my case (Germany) they didn’t require any signarure. They rang the door bell, I opened the door, they handed the package over to me and disappeared before I could even say “Thank you, have a nice day”.

2 Likes

Mine is now in Japan. Yesterday it was stuck in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Mine has finally made it to the destination sort facility in my state. Small chance it makes it here tomorrow, fingers crossed it’s here by at least Saturday, but it unfortunately might be here Monday when projected.

2 Likes

It appears things are going well for the package shopping.

FedEx is delivering the package today - ahead of the original estimate of Monday - the 12th of September.

3 Likes

It arrived at my home at 9:37 am Chicago time.

Here is a updated summary as I promised in an earlier post.

The order included:

• Framework DIY - Keyboard: US English
  • i7-1280P (Up to 4.8 GHz, 6+8 cores) - Includes WiFi 6E with vPro
  • 3 USB-C Expansion cards
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada

Here is the order progression via the Framework stages
(all times Chicago/Central US Time)

• Stage 1 Pre-order confirrmed - 2022-07-29T11:38:00Z
  • Stage 2 Preparing the batch - 2022-08-03T14:16:00Z
  • Stage 3 Preparing the order - 2022-08-31T13:32:00Z
  • Stage 4 Payment complete - 2022-09-05T01:28:00Z
  • Stage 5 Shipping Notification - 2022-09-07T10:42:00Z

Time of each FedEx milestone was converted to Chicago/Central Time:

• FedEx Picked up the package - 2022-09-07T10:30:00Z
  • FedEx Scheduled Delivery - 2022-09-07T11:42:00Z
  • FedEx Arrival at Hub in Anchorage AK - 2022-09-07T09:19:00Z
  • FedEx Received International shipment release - Import - 2022-09-08T05:35:00Z
  • FedEx Received Hub Indianapolis, IN - 2022-09-08T16:25:00Z
  • FedEx Package arrival at destination sort facility Chicago, IL - 2022-09-08T23:06:00Z
  • FedEx Package arrival at local FedEx Facility 2022-09-09T12:25:00Z
  • FedEx Delivered 2022-09-09T14:27:00Z

RAM will be the identical 64 GB modules sold by Framework (purchased separately)
NvME will be the identical WD Black SN850 sold by Framwork (purchased separately)

I am currently installing POP!_OS as well as being configured/tuned. I am trying to have the identical settings as my Gen 1 model (Batch 6).

I would urge everyone to be patient as I believe this company is doing the best job possible to get the units fulfilled as soon as possible.

4 Likes

It updated to say out for delivery today, so things are looking up.

3 Likes

Supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx is fedexing, something is off. Maybe Monday, they told me.
Lesson of the day: FedEx Germany cannot call non German numbers. Don’t want to get political, but this makes me wish for greater EU coordination/integration. (Would also mean that FW could expand to the entire EU at once, not one country at a time)

Enjoy your packages/good luck to you all!

3 Likes

Mine just arrived! Now I just have to find some time around work to put it together and set it up

4 Likes

My laptop arrived!
this morning at 9:07AM CT ahead of the estimated Monday Sept 12th.

6 Likes

I am happy for all of you, but every day i get a bit more sad about the time passing by. :sob:
The notebook wont arrive on my birthday, that is quite sure. The hardest is not to know if it will arrive in september at all. The longer it takes the easier it gets to look for alternatives. :cry:

3 Likes

Mine currently is in France (hopefully) going through customs. Expecting it to arrive on Monday.

5 Likes

My laptop arrived several days early so I hope the same for you all. Supposed to arrive on Monday 9/12 and showed up 9/8. I’m on the east coast of the USA.

First impressions are very positive. Screen is gorgeous. Keyboard and trackpad are excellent so far. Very easy install of components on my 1260p DIY model. Installed companies win 10 image then upgraded to win 11 before installing drivers. Worked well through the whole process. Performance has been great so far. Very quick to boot. Only concern is fan noise. It’s quick to turn on the fan and quick to ramp up to full speed.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Ordered 19th June and still at stage 2. In the most recent apology/update email they did see that some batch 2 orders might slip into next week so I guess we must be amongst those.

You’ve waited this long and it can’t be much longer now so hang on in there! I’m sure it will be worth the wait in the end.

5 Likes

wait what O.o you ordered a week before me with pretty much the same specs and also EU and mine has been shipped already. you should’ve been in this small batch of 1260p’s, i’d have expected. hope there’s nothing going wrong or that they forgot yours…

3 Likes

I guess some if us just got really unlucky. I ordered June 7th. Still haven’t received the step 3 notice

6 Likes