Batch 3 - Intel 12th Gen - Guild

I pre-ordered the new 12-th gen Model, which should be shipped in September.

Any experience what that means?

Will the package start it’s journey at the 30.9 send will arrive in Europa mid October?
Or will it be here at 17th of September or something like that?

Thanks and greetings!

1 Like

Ask officially maybe if you want a realistic answer

@amoun Thanks!

1 Like

Hi I’m currently waiting for my batch 2 laptop. From my own experience and what i have read it could be that you get yours very quick like in mid sept best case or that it will be delayed like batch 2 and it will be shipped in early october.

They currently struggle to get batch 2 out so I’d rather expect later than earlier. It also heavily depends on your processor, country, order date, specs and diy vs pre built.

All we can do is wait and guess tho. We don’t have any official information. There is a community driven sheet to keep track of people’s orders.

link to sheet

Maybe that gives you an idea if you compare similar orders to yours. Feel free to contribute and add your order. :slight_smile:

Also to answer your initial question directly: Shipping in Sept refers to when they actually ship it. When you will receive it is unaffected from that (apparently shipping is very fast tho). So they could ship it on the last day of Sept and be in the time frame. If they can actually ship the whole batch 3 in Sept without delays is a different story…

1 Like

I placed my pre-order for the i5 DIY a few weeks ago, currently researching the best m.2/RAM to put in it. I think I’ve settled on the SK Hynix Gold 1TB as an m.2.

1 Like

I’ve ordered the i7-1260p, 64GB, no SSD, British English in batch 3 on 14 August.

Currently, batch 3 is still open for orders in both the i7 models. Only the i5 has sold out in batch 3. Based on that, I hope that batch 3 has ultimately sold smaller quantities compared to batch 1/2, and so the overflow of batch 2 into early September may not have as much of an effect.

2 Likes

@tancred Thank you very much for the long answer!

Greetings and i will enter my data to the list :blush:

2 Likes

Was browsing the batch 2 thread and saw this email update from framework posted there, so I thought I would share since it provides some relevant info about batch 3.

Sounds like the i7-1260p laptops are the main config affected, and batch 2 delays shouldn’t have much impact on batch 3 laptops of other configs.

3 Likes

No solid info on the i7-1280 configs so far :frowning:

Source: Batch 2’er still awaiting for them to take muh pennies

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like

happy to hear that for everyone in batch 3! let’s go!!

Just got an email saying my i5 DIY is preparing to ship and I should get an invoice soon.

3 Likes

Let’s gooooooo

2 Likes

That’s bullshit. I still have not received my i7-1280P, and they are starting to ship batch 3.

1 Like

@prepaidpyramid you should have received an email explains why the delay is happening for certain configurations of the Batch 2. That same message is also available on Reddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/x48nt9/anyone_order_the_new_laptop_received_update_on/.

I just received my Batch 3 email about an hour ago. I’m assuming I’ll wait at least 3-4 weeks to see another update. Hopefully the other batch 2 orders are filled in the meantime.

2 Likes

@Brendan I just received 2 delay emails but not the one with my specific configuration

I ordered mine on 25 Aug, and I just got my “We’re preparing your batch” email!

2 Likes

Just a guess here, but based on what I’m seeing in the Batch 2 guild thread (Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild - #388 by Felix_Matzler), they may have fulfilled most of their 1240P orders for Batch 2 and are starting up Batch 3 work for those configurations. It was implied in their e-mail to some Batch 2 folks with i7-1260P configurations that their configurations were delayed, and that they would see Batch 3 shipments happening because they have the volume for those configurations. They appear to be very transparent for those folks, providing a lot of details on what is happening and what to expect.

Despite all that, I’m not getting my hopes up too much, but I am very excited to be an owner some day (hopefully soon).

Good luck to all!

5 Likes

I ordered a DIY 1240p on august 2nd but received no mails yet… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

@Alphayeet21 Whats your config?

I’ve ordered Sunday (2022-09-04) night, hope it doesn’t take too long to ship to Austria (I’m fine with a delivery before Christmas) and that there aren’t any troubles with custom.

DIY, 1280P, no RAM, no storage, 4x USB-C, 2x USB-A, HDMI and DP (already added this to the spreadsheet).