Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

prebuilt professional

10/12 Thank you for your pre-order
11/01 We’re preparing to ship your batch
11/02 We’re preparing to ship your order
11/03 Your order is shipping soon
11/04 Your order has shipped
11/07 [Delivery] DOA :sob:
11/07 Thanks for Reaching Out. A member of the support team will contact you as soon as possible.

Hmmm. I got one 32 gb thinking I could later maximize my memory with another 32 gb. Do you think I’d be better off with 2 16 gb cards or even just adding a 8 gb, 16 gb or 32 gb to what I already ordered? For comparison, my 2011 MacBook Pro only has 2 4 gb cards.

You definitely get better results with two matched sticks…2x16gb etc.

1 Like

Yeah… I haven’t seen really detailed things on how much Tiger Lake gets kneecapped by memory bandwidth, but it looks like, at least branding wise, you don’t technically even have “Intel Xe Graphics” if you’re in single channel mode. A quick surf around google found people claiming you’re leaving ~30% graphics performance on the table.

CPU is much more of an open question, as it depends heavily on your workload. At the same time, single channel will save you a bit of battery life.

Personally, I run VMs on my laptop. Memory bandwith and IO queue depth handling (damn I wish a second SSD was feasible) are pretty much what I spec for.

3 Likes

Thanks @Mark_Coelho and @Chris_Frank! I went ahead and splurged and added another 32 gb.

1 Like

Anxiously awaiting my Batch 5 order! Ordered 11/4

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
  • Storage: 500GB - WD_BLACK™ SN750 NVMe™
  • Memory: 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
  • Expansion cards:
    • 1 DP
    • 2 USB-A
    • 2 USB-C
    • 1 Storage – 1TB
    • 1 MicroSD

Was very proud that I figured out that I could order this DIY config for only $13 more than the base Framework Laptop, but I have double the storage and RAM, and I removed the Windows 10 product key I wasn’t going to use anyway. (Plus if I wanted Windows, it’d be cheaper for me to use the student discount directly through Microsoft). And I’m eventually going to add a second stick of 16GB RAM when money isn’t as tight, or I might look for some compatible 3600 modules.

But essentially double the storage and ram for $13! And I get to assemble it when it arrives!!! :star_struck:

1 Like

Just received my order shipped with tracking number email. My local FedEx is usually ok, so I’ll have to wait and see.

3 Likes

They charged my card today and sent another “preparing to ship your order” email. I haven’t gotten a tracking number yet, but it’s looking like I’ll have my computer this week or early next week.

Same! Got the second email early today.

[edit] Got the third email by the end of the same day (Nov 9) that the remaining balance had been charged and they are getting ready to ship!

[edit2] Shipped on the 10th, going to be delivered tomorrow (Nov 12)!!! Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

Mine from Oct 15 is still pre-order

Got my third email this morning stating it’s been charged and waiting to be shipped!!

1 Like

They tried to charge me but the bank declined the payment because it triggered it’s protection system and required me to do a manual approval. After the approval I manually paid my order from the action required email that framework sent me. Not yet received a confirmation email about that.

i5 ordered Sept 30, just got “preparing to ship your order”:

Never been so excited to see an email at 5 am!

1 Like

Looks like the very early Batch 5 i5s are starting to ship. I ordered an i5 DIY on Sept 28th (barely missed Batch 4! I know :frowning: ) and I got the “Preparing to Ship” today

My config: i5 DIY, 2x16GB DDR4 (originally did 1x32GB but Framework support made it quick and easy to change my mind- thanks guys!), 2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, 1 HDMI, regular non-vPro Wifi

For anyone who cares: BYO SSD (2TB Hynix P31 Gold), BYO power adapter, grey market Win10 Pro OEM but will probably dual boot some flavor of Linux alongside it.

Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

i7-1165G7 DIY with 16GB RAM. Received the shipping-ready email today.

I also ordered in late September, and received my “Preparing to Ship” email for my i5 Framework last night. Can’t wait!

I5 DIY ordered sept 23. Shipped Nov 9. Too bad its gonna take fedex a week to deliver to the west coast.

Aggregated dates post:

2021-09-29 - Order placed
2021-10-28 - Asked to add a microsd expansion card
2021-10-28 - Order amended confirmation email
2021-11-01 - Preparing to ship your batch email
2021-11-02 - Preparing to ship your order email
2021-11-05 - Card charged email
2021-11-08 - Shipped email
2021-11-10 - Scheduled delivery (initial)

1 Like

i checked with my dad and my order was placed on the 27th of oct. got the first email on nov 1st i think. still no second email

1 Like

My Framework has left New Jersey!

2 Likes