Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

I received the shipping email on 12/1 at 7:15pm EST. Expected delivery 12/3.

My order status on Framework’s website changed to “Shipped”.

I ordered Oct 13th. I also got an 1165. Order page says pre order confirmed. My card has been charged for a few days now. Still no shipping email in any folder.

3 Likes

I ordered mine 10/21, got my shipping notice at 7:15PM EST with an expected arrival of Friday. As of this morning it’s in Newark NJ, about 20 minutes from my house. My wife works in Newark, too bad there’s no way for her to pick it up up before coming home today. I can wait. Right? I can. I’m an adult. This is me adulting…

3 Likes

Ordered Oct 14th, i7-1165G7, same here: card charged several days ago, no shipping email. I wish there were slightly more communication about what to expect.

2 Likes

Intel i7-1165G7 DIY
Order Date: Oct 14, 2021
Preparing Batch: Nov 1, 2021
Made change to order: Nov 8, 2021
Preparing to Ship Order: Nov 23, 2021
Card Charged: Nov 29, 2021
Shipped: Dec 1, 2021
Scheduled to arrive Dec 2, 2021

1 Like

If you take a look at the Batch 6 thread, Batch 6 Club, it seems like a bunch of them are already at the “Shipping soon, payment charged” phase like many of us. Maybe with all the shipping delays, exacerbated by Christmas coming up, Framework is having a hard time getting units actually shipped out and so a bunch are stuck at this phase? Just an idea.

I highly doubt framework is having issues, it’s actually further back with one of their manufacturing partners. In the delayed email they said that they are waiting on a part from their partner in Taiwan. Generally if they have charged your card they have a framework laptop in their warehouse waiting for you.

1 Like

@Josh_Cook Well, that makes sense. And I’m wrong either way, becuase mine just showed up at my door, without me having ever recieved the tracking information! Can’t complain though, I’m too excited!

Original arrival date predicted by FedEx was 12/03, then for a few days they teased me saying it’d arrive early, on 12/01, but it’s now bounced-back to 12/03… one more day…

Anyone else watching tons of Linux Distro comparison videos while waiting for their Framework to arrive? I’ve watched so many… that and unboxing/assembly videos. It’s what I dream about now whenever I sleep…

5 Likes

Intel i7-1165G7 DIY
Order Date: Oct 14, 2021
Preparing Batch: Nov 1, 2021
Made change to order: Nov 8, 2021
Preparing to Ship Order: Nov 23, 2021
Card Charged: Nov 29, 2021
Shipped: Dec 2, 2021
Scheduled to arrive Dec 6, 2021

Whew.

1 Like

I checked out a few, knew arch was still going to end up my daily driver though. I did put Fedora 35 KDE respin on first, which has been pretty decent to me so far (12 hours since install roughly). The graphical installer wouldn’t accept physical clicking of the touchpad, so I had to plug in a USB mouse just to set the options in that. However in the full install the touchpad is working fine in 5.14.10 and 5.15.6 kernels (with PS/2 emulation disabled), as is wifi, Bluetooth, suspend, and I even got hibernate mostly working too. Grub has a weird delay in startup but I’ll probably change back to rEFInd eventually anyway. All in all a very smooth install experience…

1 Like

Im currently tinkering with WSL2 on my Alienware laptop from 201i (it’s what my framework laptop is replacing), currently struggling but in the end, I might dual boot in the end

My i7 also shipped today.

Ordered 10/21 and I’m opening the shipping box now!

3 Likes

My laptop just arrived!

Card charged on 11/29. Crickets since then.

I got mine yesterday (do it yourself version). Assembly was easy, everything worked out of the box. Installed Linux Mint 20.2 Edge edition which booted right up and appears to be working fine. Love it! ( i7 32g of memory)

Well, cruel fate… Mine’s finally arrived - but because of work and other obligations I’m not going to get a chance to do more than peek inside the box until tomorrow.

Order Confirmation: 11/03/2021
Full card charge/ “Preparing to ship” email: 11/19/2021
“Shipping soon!” email: 11/23/2021
“Order shipped” email: 11/23/2021
(pause for USA Thanksgiving)
Arrival: 12/03/2021

Specs:
DIY Edition
Intel wifi card
500gb WD Black NVMe
Single stick of 16gb RAM
Power adapter
250gb expansion card + USBA+USBC+HDMI

Stay strong, fellow Batch5ers! Enjoy the shivering with antici…pation!

1 Like

Prev post
My Laptop arrived today! Assembled quickly and hoping to get Pop!_OS to boot soon!

for anyone still waiting, my order page still says pre-order confirmed with a link to cancel pre-order (lol), and I got no emails after the “we’ll charge your card in the next few days” email. yes i checked spam/junk folders.

My laptop arrived yesterday out of the blue.

Cheers