Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

Lucky! I ordered mine a couple weeks before you, so I’ve had to do my best to be patient.

2 Likes

Got my preparing to ship email!!! i7 mid tier. Now to decide if it’s worth it to wait for Black Friday discounts on storage and RAM or if I should just bite the cost and get them now…guess I’ll wait until I get the order confirmation though.

1 Like

Oh heck yeah me too, hopefully November shipment means early this month. Got me the DIY i5 with one type C and three type A, no vPro networking, separate G.skill RAM and SP 1TB SSD, figure out the OS later. I can’t wait until they get some bezels in. That orange looks just funny enough that I want one.

2 Likes

Unfortunately judging by how September orders for i5s are only about halfway through it’ll probably be a while until October i5s are shipped. I’m guessing end of November/beginning of December for i5. I’m hoping not but seems like that’s how it’s going to be unfortunately. Unsure about if the shipment of laptops that have been delayed which was apparently mentioned somewhere will help, let’s hope it does.

Edit: seeing as someone ordered on September 20 i5 has been charged, it seems a bit more promising. Assuming batch 5 had the same capacity as 4 it’s no where near as many orders (checked a few hours ago and if you order it’s still on batch 5). So my guess for i5s is probably going to be late November. Hopefully comes earlier but maybe not.

1 Like

Credit card charged, waiting for fed ex notice.
Ordered I5 DIY on Sept 24, so I am probably an early batch 5

4 Likes

i ordered an i5 pre config a few weeks ago and yeah i got the email. dont think i got charged yet though.

Received an email this morning notifying me that my card was charged. Intel i7-1185G7 on Oct 13th. 32g Ram, 2T 850, fries and ketchup on the side.

3 Likes

thats great to hear! lets hope that the vast majority are sent out by the end of the month!

Received this today! They’re processing things a lot faster than I expected! With any luck I’ll have the computer by the end of next week.

1 Like

if this is the case thats amazing, but i think this just means the rollout has started. but lets hope for the best!

1 Like

Yeah you could be right. But this is the second email I’ve gotten. The first in November 1st said the batch was preparing to ship. This one seems to be specifically about my order.

oh. this is a diffrent email? i didnt realize. my dad placed the order for me since its a gift, so its on his card and email, so i just get info from him like “i got an email”. if this is a second email thats very exciting!

1 Like

Congrats! Yeah, that one’s specifically for your order. They first send out the general one for everyone, and then you get another one for your specific case when it’s about to ship. In the first one, they only talk about Batch 5 in general.

It seems like the i7 models ship much earlier, those of us with i5’s will likely have to wait for a few more weeks haha. The anticipation is killing me…

2 Likes

Yup this is a different email. Great present from your dad!

Ahhh okay makes sense. I did indeed get an i7.

Received my specific e-mail today as well. Good thing too, as I am having weird video issues with my XPS 17.

1 Like

I also got my second email for a i7-1165 ordered on October 10th.

1 Like

Wow, that was unexpectedly fast. I got my shipping notification with tracking number today, with an expected delivery date of tomorrow (11/5). I ordered the i7-1185 DIY on 10/15.

3 Likes

Oh wow! Now I feel really hopeful! When did they charge you?

I got the charge email yesterday.

1 Like